FSpS:np2402 Diagnosis of musculoskeletal d - Course Information
np2402 Diagnosis of musculoskeletal developmentFaculty of Sports Studies
- Extent and Intensity
- 1/1. 3 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- Mgr. Marta Gimunová, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Ing. Tomáš Vodička, Ph.D. (lecturer)
doc. Mgr. Martin Zvonař, Ph.D. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. Mgr. Martin Zvonař, Ph.D.
Department of Kinesiology - Faculty of Sports Studies
Supplier department: Department of Kinesiology - Faculty of Sports Studies
- Tue 17:10–17:55 A15/207
- Timetable of Seminar Groups:
- Each student writes a seminar paper on the topic in the field of diagnostics motor abilities in the structure of the corresponding manuscript to peer-reviewed journal STUDY SPOPRTIVA. Oral exam.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Course objectives
- The course is focused primarily on the diagnosis of motor abilities and skills during ontogenesis. The aim is to get an overview of diagnostic methods and technological possibilities of detection levels, and development of movement skills, with a focus on coordination, strength and endurance capabilities in relation to different age periods, mobility interventions and specifics of disease, injury and therapy for selected population groups . Students also gain knowledge about research use diagnostic of physical abilities in laboratory and field conditions, and acquire practical skills in the field of diagnostics motor abilities.
- Learning outcomes
- At the end of the course students should be able to: describe and characterize the individual stages of human motor development; control basic and advanced diagnostic methods; and use this knowledge in testing specific population groups.
- • Input single diagnosis of physical abilities, focusing on sensitive periods for general population (isokinetic dynamometry, hand dynamometry). • Input single diagnosis of physical abilities, focusing on sensitive periods for general population (stabilometry - dynamic balance reaktometrie). • Evaluation of the data (compared to norm, or creating their own scales). • Regular diagnostics development of physical abilities intervenovaných training. • Evaluation of the data and processing them into feedback information for coaches and athletes themselves. • Diagnosis of physical abilities at specific population groups (cancer). • Diagnosis of physical abilities at specific population groups (bronchial asthma and coronary heart disease). • Diagnosis of physical abilities at specific population groups (metabolic syndrome). • Diagnosis of physical abilities at specific population groups (Pregnancy). • Diagnosis of physical abilities with respect for different age groups (the period of the child and adolescence) • Diagnosis of physical abilities at specific population groups (adulthood and old age). • Analysis of articles on the topic. The seminars will be practicing the themes of lectures.
- McGinnis, P. M. (2012). Biomechanics of Sport And Exercise. Champaigne, USA: Human Kinetics.
- Haywood. A. (2012). Advanced Analysis of Motor Development. Champaigne, USA: Human Kinetics.
- Bartlett, R.(2007). Introduction to Sports Biomechanics: Analysing Human Movement Patterns. Abingdon, USA: Routledge.
- Schumaker. L. (2010). Sports Data Mining. University of Arizona, USA: Springer.
- Teaching methods
- lectures, projects
- Assessment methods
- • 85% active participation in seminars • Develop a draw essay on a selected topic from the field of diagnostics motor abilities in the structure of the corresponding manuscript to peer-reviewed journal STUDY SPOPRTIVA • The level of knowledge to verify the form of an oral examination assessed on a scale from A to F.
- Language of instruction