FSpS:np4057 Social Psychology in Sport - Course Information
np4057 Social Psychology in SportFaculty of Sports Studies
- Extent and Intensity
- 1/1/0. 3 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- prof. PhDr. Hana Válková, CSc. (lecturer)
Mgr. Adam Blažej, Ph.D. (lecturer)
doc. PaedDr. Emanuel Hurych, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. PhDr. Hana Válková, CSc.
Department of Social Sciences and Sport Management - Faculty of Sports Studies
Supplier department: Department of Social Sciences and Sport Management - Faculty of Sports Studies
- Mon 10:00–10:50 Virtuální místnost
- Timetable of Seminar Groups:
np4057/02: Tue 12:00–12:50 Virtuální místnost, A. Blažej
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Course objectives
- The aim of the course is to understand social processes in the sports environment and to obtain knowledge of sport psychology issue in the practice. The course content is focused on deepness of communicative skills as well as improvement of interactive abilities with individuals and the teams. The aim is to present basic principles with the individuals or groups with the phenomenon "the other, different", too.
- Learning outcomes
- The course graduate should be - after passing the course:
1.to be familiar with leadership skills oriented on individual and the team;
2. to analyze sociální processes within the group;
3.to recognize variables of behavior and experience within social context and mutual interpersonal actions interakci;
4. to demonstrate knowledge and skills within consulting with clients;
5. to understand how to communicate with persons with the phenomenon different (disabled - gifted - multicultural).
6. to understand how to communicate and lead the team;
7. to use, apply social psychology principles in the personal development of athletes in different age.
- The subject - social psychology definition, the subject development.
- Social group and sport - characteristics, team formation, development, dynamics.
- Social influence within the team: innovation, decision making, conformity, authority, leadership.
- The stages of the team formation, regulations, norms. Individuals, dyad, team.
- Basic principles of the coaching. the content, methods.
- Social perception: attitudes - labeling - stereotypes - attribution.
- Conflicts, prevention, coping, solving.
- personality - teams with the phenomenon "different". Communication, development, leading.
- Group//team relations: goals, roles, team atmosphere, team performance.
- required literature
- Principles of Social Psychology (Orig.) : Základy sociální psychologie [Hayes, 1998] : Základy sociální psychologie [Hayes, 2003]. info
- GALLWEY, W. Timothy. Inner game pro manažery : tajemství vysoké pracovní výkonnosti. 2. dopl. vyd. Praha: Management Press, 2010. 258 s. ISBN 9788072612130. info
- Teaching methods
- class discussion, lectures, theoretical preparation, model situations.
- Assessment methods
- 80% active participation at seminars and written test - open questions, 65% of correct answers is needed to pass.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- Study Materials
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/fsps/autumn2020/np4057