FSpS:np4411 Developmental Psychology - Course Information
np4411 Developmental PsychologyFaculty of Sports Studies
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/1/0. 2 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- prof. PhDr. Hana Válková, CSc. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. PhDr. Hana Válková, CSc.
Department of Social Sciences and Sport Management - Faculty of Sports Studies
Supplier department: Department of Social Sciences and Sport Management - Faculty of Sports Studies
- Timetable of Seminar Groups
- np4411/01: Wed 11:00–13:30 A11/311, H. Válková
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- Fields of study the course is directly associated with
- Applied Kinesiology (programme FSpS, N-KTAK) (2)
- Course objectives
- The aim of the subject is to present to students: basic approaches, topics and the issue within developmental psychology. Specially - ontogenesis of the executive functions and motor development during life-span: Since pre-natal period up to terminal phase of the life of the individual. Focus is on individuals from the majority as so as from minorities and population with the special needs.
- Learning outcomes
- The graduates of the course are able to: 1. understand the basic terms and principles of the individuals development of persons with the various spectrum of the population groups, 2. accept the holistic and biodromal approaches in the ontogenesis of the life-span in the family or wide social context, 3. apply obtained knowledge and skills in solving of the life milestones, crossing in the life-span, namely expected (e.g. school maturation, professional orientation, partnership, retirement) or unexpected crises - into profession field practice.
- The domain of the developmental psychology (definition, paradigm), ontogenesis stages according different theories.
- Developmental conception: normality - abnormality, majority - minority, the phenomenon the other.
- Characteristics of the life-span stages: aspects somatic, motor, executive functions.
- Sensitive periods for the optimal development, sensitive periods from the aspect of typical crises.
- Family as the environment of the individuals development.
- Institution as the environment of the individuals development.
- School entrance maturity, partnership and parentship maturity, grand-parentship, retired phase (theory of the transition).
- required literature
- VÁLKOVÁ, Hana. Teorie aplikovaných pohybových aktivit pro užití v praxi. 1. vyd. Olomouc: Univerzita Palackého v Olomouci, 2012. 92 s. ISBN 9788024431635. info
- LANGMEIER, Josef and Dana KREJČÍŘOVÁ. Vývojová psychologie. 2006. ISBN 80-247-1284-9. info
- Teaching methods
- Seminars with class discussion and demonstration of approaches, aids, projects. Examples of the good practice, self-study, continuous checking.
- Assessment methods
- Points assessment - active participation in the seminar (class discussion). Points assessment of the continuous tasks. Points assessment of the project. Written test.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- Study Materials
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/fsps/autumn2019/np4411