FSpS:vbp2054 Biomechanics - Course Information
vbp2054 BiomechanicsFaculty of Sports Studies
- Extent and Intensity
- 1/1. 4 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- Mgr. Miriam Kalichová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. Mgr. Martin Zvonař, Ph.D.
Department of Kinesiology - Faculty of Sports Studies
Contact Person: Mgr. Radka Nevařilová
Supplier department: Department of Kinesiology - Faculty of Sports Studies
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- (! bp2054 Biomechanics ) && ! NOW ( bp2054 Biomechanics )
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 25 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 0/25, only registered: 0/25
- Fields of study the course is directly associated with
- there are 13 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- The aim of the subject is to explain the mechanical structure and mechanical behavior of the movement apparatus of the human in motion, especially the sport, and in this approach the research methods, based on which the human body is analyzed. Further, the aim of the subject is to acquaint students with the basic prerequisites for physical activity (skills and abilities), with the diagnostic methods of these assumptions and with the main manifestations during ontogenesis.
- Learning outcomes
- At the end of the course students will be able to: explain basic mechanical laws and principles; ontogenesis rules and the motor learning process and to synthesize this knowledge in the future with previously acquired knowledge of selected biological subsystems; to apply the basic knowledge of this synergetic scientific discipline to the human system of motion and sport movement; from a kinematic and dynamic perspective to analyze the nature of the selected sport movement; to propose appropriate biomechanical measurements to solve the problem, to diagnose the level of physical abilities
- Definition of biomechanics, importace, history. Physical base of biomechanics - Kinematics: mass point, distance, velocity, acceleration, straight motion, accelerated motion, cirgular motion. Dynamics: force, energy, work, power, conservation of energy. Mechanics of liquid and gas. Biological base of biomechanics. Measurement and experiment in biomechanics.
- Jandačka, D. Biomechanical basis of Physical Exercises. http://www.fsps.muni.cz/emuni/library/
- Teaching methods
- Theoretical presentations, applications on exercises.
- Assessment methods
- Written test.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Information on course enrolment limitations: Minimální počet studentů zapsaných do předmětu je 12. Nebude-li tento limit naplněn, je děkan FSpS oprávněn zrušit konání předmětu
- Teacher's information