FSS:EGO428 EU Foreign Policy: Eastern Dim - Informace o předmětu
EGO428 EU Foreign Policy: Eastern DimensionFakulta sociálních studií
- 1/1. 6 kr. Ukončení: zk.
- Mgr. Petra Kuchyňková, Ph.D. (přednášející)
Mgr. Jan Kozubík (pomocník)
- prof. PhDr. Vít Hloušek, Ph.D.
Katedra mezinárodních vztahů a evropských studií - Fakulta sociálních studií
Kontaktní osoba: Olga Cídlová, DiS.
Dodavatelské pracoviště: Katedra mezinárodních vztahů a evropských studií - Fakulta sociálních studií
- Pá 20. 2. 9:45–13:00 U43, Pá 27. 2. 9:45–13:00 U43, Pá 6. 3. 9:45–13:00 U43, Pá 13. 3. 9:45–13:00 U43, Pá 20. 3. 9:45–13:00 U43, Pá 27. 3. 9:45–13:00 U43
- Omezení zápisu do předmětu
- Předmět je určen pouze studentům mateřských oborů.
- Mateřské obory
- European Politics (angl.) (program FSS, N-PL)
- Evropské vládnutí (program FSS, N-MS)
- Joint Master Programme in International Relations: Europe from the Visegrad Perspective (program FSS, N-MS)
- Cíle předmětu
- The aim of the course is to make students acquainted with the development of the engagement of the European Union as an actor in the EU Eastern neighborhood. The emphasis is put on the Eastern dimension of the EU neighborhood policy and key problems in mutual relations between the EU and the Russian Federation. Students will be taught about theoretical concepts concerning the activities of the European Union as an actor of International Relations: EU as a normative power, EU as civilian power, europeanisation in relations to the EU neighboring countries etc. Significant part of the course is devoted to the development, formation and functioning of the European Neighborhood Policy with the emphasis on the programs of Eastern Partnership and Black Sea Synergy. The course also deals with the problems of the EU decision-making system ańd European governance in the area of CFSP (with special emphasis on ENP and EaP) after the Lisbon Treaty (which institutions are resposible for these areas and what does it mean in reality). After the end of the course students will be able to understand and explain the role of the European Union in the Eastern dimension of its neighborhood, the problems of particular partner countries, which participate at Eastern Partnership: Ukraine, Belarus, Moldova, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Georgia. Attention will be devoted to such problems as frozen conflicts, problems of democratisation of these countries, cooperation with the EU in political and economic areas, including energy and possibilities of the ENP/EaP to contribute to the solution of these problems. The students will also be able to interpret and map the most important topics with the emphasis on political, security and economic relations, (including the topic of energy security) in relations between the EU and Russia. They will be able to understand and explain the formation of the CFSP after the Lisbon Treaty, responsibilities and competences of particular EU institutions, including particular problems of the instruments and mechanisms of the European Governance in this area.
- 1) Course introduction - structure and requirements. EU as an actor of international relations in its neighborhood: EU as normative power, civilian power Europe, europeanisation in EU neighborhood. EU CFSP after Lisbon. Development of European Neighborhood Policy - Eastern Dimension: Eastern Partnership. 2) Russia and the European Union - development of mutual relations and key problem topics: area of politics and security; economy and energy security; cooperation in the area of internal security - lecture/seminar. 3) Ukraine and ENP + seminar group discussion. 4) Belarus and ENP + seminar group discussion. 5) ENP and South Caucasus countries (Armenia, Azerbaijan, Georgia); problem of frozen conflicts. 6) Moldova and ENP; Future of the Eastern Partnership and Eastern dimension of the EU foreign policy: prospects and challenges + group discussion. 7) Final written exam.
- Výukové metody
- Lectures are accompanied with seminars with class discussions requiring active participation of the students. Students are obliged to submit 2 short opinion essays, based on particular topics and texts and be prepared to discuss their arguments during the seminars. Students are also obliged to prepare one group project, which will serve as a basis for a group presentation and debate. The aim of the seminars is to support and enhance the ability of the students to present own ideas and positions connected with the particular discussed topics and also to enhance their competences to work in teams. Reading consists of compulsory and complementary literature that broadens the knowledge obtained by the students during the lectures and seminars and serves as a basis for final written test.
- Metody hodnocení
- preparation and submission of opinion essays + presentation of ideas included in the papers during seminar; group project, which will serve as a basis for a group presentation and a seminar debate; final written test
- Vyučovací jazyk
- Další komentáře
- Studijní materiály
Předmět je vyučován každoročně.