FSS:PSYd0108 Conference presentation I - Course Information
PSYd0108 Conference presentation IFaculty of Social Studies
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/0/0. 10 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- Mgr. Hynek Cígler, Ph.D. (lecturer)
doc. Mgr. Stanislav Ježek, Ph.D. (lecturer)
doc. Mgr. Tomáš Řiháček, Ph.D. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. Mgr. Stanislav Ježek, Ph.D.
Department of Psychology - Faculty of Social Studies
Supplier department: Department of Psychology - Faculty of Social Studies
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Course objectives
- The goal of the course is to develop publication and presentation skills through the active participation on the conference. Although not necessary, the outcome of this course should be grounded in the dissertation subject.
- Learning outcomes
- Student will be able to:
- choose a suitable conference for his/here paper;
- transform the research results to the conference paper in accordance with the current scientific standard and with the specific requirements of the coneference
- to co-operate with other authors;
- to perform his/here oral presentation in Czech or English;
- to formulate the abstract of the paper and the purpose of the paper.
- Formulating a publication plan and choosing a conference.
- Creating a lecture outline and allocating the tasks between co-authors.
- Preparing support materials (PowerPoint, handouts, notes ...).
- Reaction to the comments from the supervisor.
- Present the paper.
- Conference reflexion.
- required literature
- Publication manual of the American Psychological Association. Sixth edition. Washington, DC: American Psychological Association, 2010. xviii, 272. ISBN 9781433805622. info
- Teaching methods
- Mentoring and consultation with the supervisor or other relevant experts.
- Assessment methods
- The requirements are:
- Position of the single or the first author, or the crucial author contribution to the paper, if the student is not in the position of the first author.
- A personal oral presentation of a conference paper in Czech or English language (not necessary in exceptional cases and if the student had a substantial contribution to the paper).
- Reflection of the publication process with the supervisor.
- (Non)accepting of the paper is in the competence of the supervisor.
- Language of instruction
- Follow-Up Courses