FSS:PSYd0114 Popularization of science - Course Information
PSYd0114 Popularization of scienceFaculty of Social Studies
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/0/0. 4 credit(s) (from 1 credit increase by 1). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- Mgr. Hynek Cígler, Ph.D. (lecturer)
doc. Mgr. Stanislav Ježek, Ph.D. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. Mgr. Stanislav Ježek, Ph.D.
Department of Psychology - Faculty of Social Studies
Supplier department: Department of Psychology - Faculty of Social Studies
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Course objectives
- The goal of the course is to gain experiece in presenting technical findings to more or less informed lay public. That includes the cosideration of the manner of presenting the findings themselves and of possible general implications and applications. Also, the reflection of the position of the field (and science in general) in society is among the goals of the course.
- Learning outcomes
- The student will be able to write a text presenting a current finding to a general lay audience in a way that it is
- a true rendition of the finding in the context of its theory,
- understandable and meaningful to the intended audience,
- attractive, useful for the intended audience.
- Communication of scientific concepts.
- Communication and visualisation of statistical findings.
- The reflection of lay assumptions about the goals and purposes of teh studied field. The position of the field and science in society.
- Applicability of findings.
- Teaching methods
- Consultations with the thesis leader.
- Assessment methods
- Evaluation of the reception of the popular presentation/text.
- Language of instruction
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/fss/spring2020/PSYd0114