FSS:PSYd0117 Peer-reviewing I - Course Information
PSYd0117 Peer-reviewing IFaculty of Social Studies
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/0/0. 2 credit(s). Recommended Type of Completion: k (colloquium). Other types of completion: z (credit).
- Mgr. Hynek Cígler, Ph.D. (lecturer)
doc. Mgr. Stanislav Ježek, Ph.D. (lecturer)
doc. MUDr. Jan Roubal, Ph.D. (lecturer)
doc. Mgr. Tomáš Řiháček, Ph.D. (lecturer)
prof. PhDr. Zbyněk Vybíral, Ph.D. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. PhDr. Zbyněk Vybíral, Ph.D.
Department of Psychology - Faculty of Social Studies
Supplier department: Department of Psychology - Faculty of Social Studies
- No prerequisites.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Course objectives
- To train in academic writing: doing peer-review of scientific article.
- Learning outcomes
- Student is able:
to evaluate a scientific article in peer-review process;
to formulate comments to common structure IMRaD of scinetific study;
to train critical thinking.
- Course content depends on concrete studies.
- required literature
- Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association
- recommended literature
- HARTLEY, James. Academic writing and publishing : a practical handbook. London: Routledge, 2008. viii, 196. ISBN 9780415453219. info
- Teaching methods
- Academic writing.
- Assessment methods
- Language of instruction
- Follow-Up Courses
- Further Comments
- The course is taught annually.
The course is taught: in blocks.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/fss/spring2020/PSYd0117