FSS:SOC284 Introduction to Social Geronto - Course Information
SOC284 Introduction to Social GerontologyFaculty of Social Studies
- Extent and Intensity
- 1/1/0. 6 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- Mgr. Lucie Vidovićová, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Mgr. et Mgr. Marcela Petrová Kafková, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Mgr. Lucie Galčanová, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Ing. Jana Godarová, Ph.D. (lecturer)
prof. MUDr. Hana Matějovská Kubešová, CSc. (lecturer)
Mgr. Pavel Kellner (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Michaela Honelová (seminar tutor)
Ing. Boris Janča (assistant)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. PhDr. Ladislav Rabušic, CSc.
Department of Sociology - Faculty of Social Studies
Contact Person: Ing. Soňa Enenkelová
Supplier department: Department of Sociology - Faculty of Social Studies
- each even Tuesday 8:00–11:40 U35
- There are no prerequisites.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 30 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 17/30, only registered: 0/30, only registered with preference (fields directly associated with the programme): 0/30
- Fields of study the course is directly associated with
- there are 10 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- The course acquaints students with basic approaches in the field of social gerontology by reviewing key concepts and problems. After graduating from the course, students will master the basic arguments in the field of population aging and understand the overlap of demographic phenomena for life in society. They will be equipped with concepts, approaches and methods for relevant sociological and socio-political practice.
- Learning outcomes
- Students after finishing the course will: - be able to recognize hidden, objective and subjective, age norms, their occurrence and effectiveness; - know how to build a research instrument adapted for an older population; - write an essay using the structure of a journal article with selected citation standard; - Present the main conclusions of their individual studies in the study group.
- Intorduction and demographie of ageing.
- To feel old age in my own skin.
- Ageing policies.
- Sociological research in older population.
- Ageing and public space.
- Ageing and housing.
- Sociology of age, ageing and old age.
- Economy of ageing.
- Old age and family.
- Psychology of ageing.
- Teaching methods
- lectures, class discussion, presentations of guest speakers, seminar projects, reading
- Assessment methods
- 5 seminar projects, short papers on selected topic and its presentation for the group
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses