FSS:SOC593 Sociology of space and archite - Course Information
SOC593 Sociology of space and architectureFaculty of Social Studies
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/0/0. 10 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- Mgr. Lucie Galčanová, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Mgr. Barbora Vacková, Ph.D. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- Mgr. Lucie Galčanová, Ph.D.
Department of Sociology - Faculty of Social Studies
Contact Person: Ing. Soňa Enenkelová
Supplier department: Department of Sociology - Faculty of Social Studies
- Mon 10:00–11:40 U33
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 25 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 19/25, only registered: 0/25, only registered with preference (fields directly associated with the programme): 0/25
- Fields of study the course is directly associated with
- Sociology (programme FSS, N-SO)
- Course objectives
- The course introduces major approaches in sociology of space and sociology of architecture. Upon completion of this course, students will be familiar with the importance of space in sociological theory nd research. This knowledge can be understood as complementary to the information gained in courses of urban sociology, but also as a specific approach to the study of a society framed by its "spatial" dimension.
- Learning outcomes
- - Students will be able to identify the significance of spatial turn for sociological theory and research. - They will acquire concepts of critical theory of architecture. - They will conduct an independent analysis of the selected space and interpret it through the optics of sociology of architecture.
- Space and architecture in sociology Urban Planning Architectural field Excursion to the selected area Space as a social actor Social utopias Architecture and power Postcolonial studies
- required literature
- FOUCAULT, Michel. Myšlení vnějšku. Translated by Čestmír Pelikán - Miroslav Petříček - Stanislav Polášek -. Vydání třetí. V Praze: Herrmann & synové, 2016. 303 stran. ISBN 9788087054444. info
- JONES, Paul. The sociology of architecture : constructing identies. 1st ed. Liverpool: Liverpool University Press, 2011. viii, 195. ISBN 9781846310775. info
- FOUCAULT, Michel. Moc, subjekt a sexualita :výber z článkov a rozhovorov publikovaných v rokoch 1980-1988. 1. vyd. Bratislava: Kalligram, 2000. 233 s. ISBN 80-7149-389-9. info
- Teaching methods
- Lectures, seminars, field work
- Assessment methods
- - preparation for individual lessons and participation in discussions at seminars - professional quality of final essay
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
General note: Předmět nebude vyučován pokud si ho zapíše méně než 5 studujících.
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/fss/autumn2019/SOC593