FSS:SOCd0111 Public presentat. of dissert. - Course Information
SOCd0111 Public Presentation of DissertationFaculty of Social Studies
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/0/0. 15 credit(s). Type of Completion: k (colloquium).
- Dr. Werner Binder (lecturer)
Mgr. Slavomíra Ferenčuhová, Ph.D. (lecturer)
doc. Bernadette Nadya Jaworsky, Ph.D. (lecturer)
prof. PhDr. Tomáš Katrňák, Ph.D. (lecturer)
doc. PaedDr. Zdeněk Konopásek, Ph.D. (lecturer)
prof. Martin Kreidl, Ph.D. (lecturer)
doc. Kateřina Lišková, Ph.D. (lecturer)
doc. PhDr. Ing. Radim Marada, Ph.D. (lecturer)
PhDr. Monika Metyková, Ph.D. (lecturer)
doc. PhDr. Kateřina Nedbálková, Ph.D. (lecturer)
prof. PhDr. Ladislav Rabušic, CSc. (lecturer)
prof. Steven Saxonberg, Ph.D. (lecturer)
doc. PhDr. Csaba Szaló, Ph.D. (lecturer)
doc. PhDr. Iva Šmídová, Ph.D. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. Martin Kreidl, Ph.D.
Department of Sociology - Faculty of Social Studies
Contact Person: Ing. Soňa Enenkelová
Supplier department: Department of Sociology - Faculty of Social Studies
- ! SOC939 Public presentat. of dissert. && ! NOW ( SOC939 Public presentat. of dissert. ) || SOC921 Public presentation of disert.
Permission of supervisor
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- Fields of study the course is directly associated with
- there are 8 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- The public defense of the doctoral thesis takes place at the FSS. It consists of the presentation of the research findings and following critical discussion. The presentation takes place during the departmental Research Meeting and it must take place within the instruction period according to the academic year schedule (not in the reading week). The complete manuscript must be uploaded into the IS two weeks before the presentation so all departmental members and doctoral students can access it. The presentation and defense must take place one semester before the actual defense at the latest.
- Learning outcomes
- After successfully passing the course, student will be able to explain, describe, create, discuss, assess, and revise.
- 1. Presentation by the student 2. Comments by the supervisor 3. Critical discussion and answers to questions
- ŠANDEROVÁ, Jadwiga. Jak číst a psát odborný text ve společenských vědách. Praha: Sociologické nakladatelství, 2009. 209 pp. Studijní texty, 34. svazek. ISBN 978-80-86429-40-3. info
- KLARER, Mario. Působivá prezentace a přednáška v angličtině. Translated by Marta Ševčíková. 1. vyd. Praha: Grada, 2007. 154 s. ISBN 9788024718088. info
- Teaching methods
- presentation, self-evaluation and reflection, discussion with supervisor
- Assessment methods
- Presentation. Student submits draft of his/her thesis into the MU information system two weeks prior to the scheduled presentation date.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/fss/autumn2019/SOCd0111