FSS:SOCn6311 Thesis Project SAN - Course Information
SOCn6311 Thesis Project- SANFaculty of Social Studies
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2/0. 12 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- Irena Kašparová, M.A., Ph.D. (lecturer)
Mgr. Zuzana Sekeráková Búriková, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Mgr. et Mgr. Adéla Souralová, Ph.D. (lecturer)
doc. PhDr. Csaba Szaló, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Mgr. Eva Šlesingerová, Ph.D. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. PhDr. Csaba Szaló, Ph.D.
Department of Sociology - Faculty of Social Studies
Contact Person: Ing. Soňa Enenkelová
Supplier department: Department of Sociology - Faculty of Social Studies
Students enrol this course in their next to the last intended term before they sit for final exam and defence of the thesis as a part of the exam.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- Fields of study the course is directly associated with
- Social Anthropology (programme FSS, N-SOC)
- Course objectives
- This course is intended to help students prepare to complete the Masters degree requirements. By the end of the course, students will:
- Compose a proposal for his/her diploma thesis
- Design a plan for doing research
- Or assemble a part of the final version of the thesis
- Learning outcomes
- - chose the appropriate strategy for answering the research question - understand the logic of sociological research - apply the acquired strategies, methods and techniques for accomplishing the research goal
- The course has the form of individual consultations with the supervisor during the process of thesis completion
- recommended literature
- ŠANDEROVÁ, Jadwiga and Alena MILTOVÁ. Jak číst a psát odborný text ve společenských vědách : několik zásad pro začátečníky. Vydání první. Praha: Sociologické nakladatelství, 2005. 209 stran. ISBN 9788086429403. info
- ECO, Umberto and Ivan SEIDL. Jak napsat diplomovou práci. Olomouc: Votobia, 1997. 271 s. ISBN 80-7198-173-7. info
- not specified
- PUNCH, Keith. Úspěšný návrh výzkumu. Translated by Jan Hendl. Vydání druhé. Praha: Portál, 2015. 230 stran. ISBN 9788026209805. info
- BECKER, Howard S. and Pamela RICHARDS. Writing for social scientists : how to start and finish your thesis, book, or article. 2nd ed. Chicago: University of Chicago Press, 2007. xiv, 197. ISBN 9780226041322. info
- BECKER, Howard. Writing for Social Scientists: How to Start and Finish your Thesis, Book, or Article. University of Chicago Press. Chicago, 1986. info
- Teaching methods
- The teaching methods used in this course focus on consultations between the student and his/her academic supervisor.
- Assessment methods
- This course is continously checked according ac. 16.8. SZŘ MU. Course takes the form of individual consultations of students’ theses with their supervisors. It concludes with a credit granted by the supervisor upon the condition that the student submits their final thesis in time. The thesis needs to meet the terms set in the assignment and comply with formal requirements and standards in the respective field of research.
- Language of instruction
- Follow-Up Courses
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course is taught annually.
The course is taught: every week.
Information on course enrolment limitations: Předmět je určen pro studující počínaje Imatr. ročníkem 2019/20
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/fss/spring2020/SOCn6311