FSS:SPP513 Implementation - Course Information
SPP513 Implementation of Public ProgramsFaculty of Social Studies
- Extent and Intensity
- 1/1/0. 12 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- PhDr. Imrich Vašečka, Ph.D. (lecturer)
doc. PhDr. Jiří Winkler, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Mgr. Daniela Jaklová Střihavková (assistant)
Bc. Lucie Mořkovská, DiS. (assistant)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. PhDr. Libor Musil, CSc.
Department of Social Policy and Social Work - Faculty of Social Studies
Supplier department: Department of Social Policy and Social Work - Faculty of Social Studies
- Tue 11:30–13:00 P21
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 5 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 0/5, only registered: 0/5, only registered with preference (fields directly associated with the programme): 0/5
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Social Policy and Social Work (programme FSS, N-SP)
- Social Policy and Social Work (programme FSS, N-SP, specialization Personnel Management and Organizational Development)
- Social Policy and Social Work (programme FSS, N-SP, specialization Social Policy)
- Social Policy and Social Work (programme FSS, N-SP, specialization Social Work)
- Social Policy and Social Work (programme FSS, N-SP, specialization Labour market, employment policy and human resources development)
- Course objectives
- At the end of this course, students should be able to (1) understand the process of formation and implementation of social programmes; (2)to learn its analysis and (3)applicate this knowledge to preparation of social programmes.
- Topics to be covered:
- Public policy [PP] social problems and public interests
- Values and normative base of PP
- PP as rational collective action
- System and procedural models of social and public policy
- Institutional and organizational environment of PP
- Political agency, actors of PP
- Agenda setting
- Decision making and formation of policy aims and goals
- Implementation as public management
- Alternative models of implementation
- Organization of policy process
- Cultural models of implementation
- Public administration, Professional services, management and communitarism.
- Organizational development, conflict and negotiation programm interests
- WINKLER, Jiří. Implementace : institucionální hledisko analýzy veřejných programů. 1. vyd. Brno: Masarykova univerzita, 2002. 160 s. ISBN 8021029323. info
- WINKLER, Jiří. Teorie rozhodování a dynamika sociální politiky (Decision Theory and Social Policy Dynamics). 1. vydání. Brno: Masarykova univerzita, 2007. 254 pp. FSS MU. ISBN 978-80-210-4486-9. info
- PARSONS, W. 1995 Public Policy. London Prentice Hall kap.3 ,4, 7 cca100 s.
- HILL,M. 1997 Policy Proces in the Modern State. London, cca 60s.
- HOWLETT,M. 1995 Studiing Public Policy. Oxford, Ox. Un. Press cca 30 s.
- Teaching methods
- reading, homework, presentation by profesionals, class discussion
- Assessment methods
- The course ends with an oral exam based on the theoretical and practical issues presented during the semester. In order to accomplish the course successfully the students should fulfil the requirements to work with the obligatory literature and to pass the midterm test.
- Language of instruction
- Follow-Up Courses
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course is taught annually.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/fss/autumn2014/SPP513