FSS:VPL280 Thesis Methodology - Course Information
VPL280 Thesis MethodologyFaculty of Social Studies
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/0/0. 1 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- prof. PhDr. Libor Musil, CSc. (lecturer)
Mgr. Jiří Vander, DiS., Ph.D. (lecturer)
Mgr. Andrea Drdáková (seminar tutor)
Mgr. et Mgr. Lenka Formánková, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Ondřej Hora, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Kristína Chudá (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Lenka Klimplová, Ph.D., M.A. (seminar tutor)
Bc. Lucie Mořkovská, MPP (assistant)
PhDr. Helena Tomešová Bartáková, Ph.D., M.Sc. (assistant)
doc. PhDr. Jiří Winkler, Ph.D. (assistant)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. PhDr. Tomáš Sirovátka, CSc.
Department of Social Policy and Social Work - Faculty of Social Studies
Supplier department: Department of Social Policy and Social Work - Faculty of Social Studies
- Fri 22. 2. 9:00–15:40 P52
- The course is enrolled in the semester when subject of final work is submitted by students. (Students enroll the course “Conceptualization of Thesis” in the same semester.) The group instruction used to be under way during the first three weeks of the semester for students each of them has another one tutor. Individual consultations with tutors follow the instruction since the fourth week of the semester.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 100 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 0/100, only registered: 0/100
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 8 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- On successful completion of the course student will be able to make design of his or her research, including the design of presenting information on research process and research results by thesis. The explicit outcome of the course is definition of respective research question as well as expected thesis outcomes for practice by student.
- The course is devoted to the following topics and issues:
- 1. Formal procedure of elaborating final work.
- 2. The design of final work in terms of research methodology.
- 3. Designing text of final work.
- 4. Stating “problem”.
- 5. Designing basic research question.
- Jak se vyrábí sociologická znalost :příručka pro uživatele. Edited by Miroslav Disman. 3. vyd. Praha: Karolinum, 2000. 374 s. ISBN 80-246-0139-7. info
- Teaching methods
- The learning outcomes of the course will be attained by means of following teaching methods: 1. lectures devoted to theoretical, methodological and formal expectations of the Department of social policy and social work concerning final works, 2. elaboration of research question and thesis outcomes for practice by student, 2. individual feedback concerning formulation of research question and thesis outcomes for practice by the teacher of the course.
- Assessment methods
- The course is completed by credit which is preconditioned by handing in the practice problem statement and the research question. The design of the practice problem statement and research question is assessed in terms of following abilities of student: 1. reflecting personal notions on practice problem that concerns the topic of the thesis by student, 2. reflecting personal notions on dealing with practice problem that concerns the topic of thesis by student, 3. defining research question leading to knowledge that can help in dealing with the practice problem defined by student.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course is taught annually.
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses