FSS:VPLn4513 Public Policy - Course Information
VPLn4513 Public Policy ProcessFaculty of Social Studies
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2/0. 11 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- doc. PhDr. Jiří Winkler, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Mgr. Roman Baláž, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Mgr. Josef Horňáček, Ph.D. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. PhDr. Jiří Winkler, Ph.D.
Department of Social Policy and Social Work - Faculty of Social Studies
Supplier department: Department of Social Policy and Social Work - Faculty of Social Studies
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- ! VPL513 Public Policy && ! NOWANY ( VPL513 Public Policy )
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 60 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 0/60, only registered: 33/60, only registered with preference (fields directly associated with the programme): 14/60
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 12 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- At the end of this course, students should be able to (1) understand the process of design and implementation of social programmes; (2)to learn its analysis and (3)applicate this knowledge to preparation of social programmes.
- Learning outcomes
- Explain rationalist and institutional theories of the public policy process Describe and identify current social and organizational contexts of intervention programs; Describe and explain the conditions and barriers to the rational continuity of different phases of the public policy process; Analyze real terms and to propose measures to strengthen the rationality of creation and implementation of public programs
- Topics to be covered:
- Public policy [PP] social problems and public interests
- Values and normative base of PP
- PP as rational collective action
- System and procedural models of social and public policy
- Institutional and organizational environment of PP
- Political agency, actors of PP
- Agenda setting
- Decision making and formation of policy aims and goals
- Implementation as public management
- Alternative models of implementation
- Organization of policy process
- Cultural models of implementation
- Public administration, Professional services, management and communitarism.
- Organizational development, conflict and negotiation programm interests
- Interpretation the effect of legal conditions on the change of intervention in a rationalist and institutional perspective
- required literature
- WINKLER, Jiří. Implementace : institucionální hledisko analýzy veřejných programů. 1. vyd. Brno: Masarykova univerzita, 2002. 160 s. ISBN 8021029323. info
- WINKLER, Jiří. Teorie rozhodování a dynamika sociální politiky (Decision Theory and Social Policy Dynamics). 1. vydání. Brno: Masarykova univerzita, 2007. 254 pp. FSS MU. ISBN 978-80-210-4486-9. info
- PARSONS, W. 1995 Public Policy. London Prentice Hall kap.3 ,4, 7 cca100 s.
- recommended literature
- HILL,M. 1997 Policy Proces in the Modern State. London, cca 60s.
- HOWLETT,M. 1995 Studiing Public Policy. Oxford, Ox. Un. Press cca 30 s.
- Teaching methods
- lectures, homework, class discussion
- Assessment methods
- The course ends with an oral exam based on the theoretical and practical issues presented during the semester. In order to accomplish the course successfully the students should fulfil the requirements to work with the obligatory literature and to pass the midterm test.
- Language of instruction
- Follow-Up Courses
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course is taught annually.
The course is taught: every week.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/fss/autumn2020/VPLn4513