FSS:ZURd0014 Publications II - Course Information
ZURd0014 Publications IIFaculty of Social Studies
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2/0. 20 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- Charles Michael Elavsky, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
doc. Mgr. Jakub Macek, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. et Mgr. Alena Macková, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
doc. Mgr. et Mgr. Hana Macháčková, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
prof. PhDr. David Šmahel, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. PhDr. David Šmahel, Ph.D.
Department of Media Studies and Journalism - Faculty of Social Studies
Contact Person: Ing. Bc. Pavlína Brabcová
Supplier department: Department of Media Studies and Journalism - Faculty of Social Studies
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- ZURd0013 Publications I
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is offered to students of any study field.
- Course objectives
- In the course the student demonstrates the ability to publish scientific texts and present the results of their scientific work in English or another foreign language, as an individual author or in co-authorship. The student typically works in collaboration with a supervisor, consultant or a research team. The student learns the principles of publishing, the process of writing professional texts, and communication techniques with editors and how the entire review process works in a foreign peer-reviewed journal.
- Learning outcomes
- The course develops learning outcomes No.1, 2, 3 and 5.
- To complete the course the student must have an accepted publication in an English or another foreign language peer-reviewed journal. The credit is awarded by the supervisor. The publication must either be published or at least accepted for publication in the journal. The threshold for this course is a publication in journals indexed in Scopus or Web of Science databases. It is also possible to recognize a monograph published by a foreign publisher. In such a case, the minimum for course recognition is 40% authorship.
- Teaching methods
- Self-study of the student, consultation with the supervisor
- Assessment methods
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- The course is taught each semester.
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/fss/spring2020/ZURd0014