FSS:EVS122 Treat. and Inf. Sour. of EU - Course Information
EVS122 Treaties and Information Sources of European UnionFaculty of Social Studies
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2/0. 2 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- PhDr. Zdeněk Sychra, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Mgr. Petra Kuchyňková, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Mgr. et Mgr. Veronika Zapletalová, Ph.D. (assistant)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. PhDr. Markéta Pitrová, Ph.D.
Department of International Relations and European Studies - Faculty of Social Studies
Contact Person: Olga Cídlová, DiS.
Supplier department: Department of International Relations and European Studies - Faculty of Social Studies
- Mon 23. 2. 13:30–15:00 P52, Mon 9. 3. 13:30–15:00 P52, Mon 23. 3. 13:30–15:00 P52, Mon 13. 4. 13:30–15:00 P52, Mon 27. 4. 13:30–15:00 P52, Mon 11. 5. 13:30–15:00 P52
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- SEMESTR ( 1 ) || SEMESTR ( 2 ) || SEMESTR ( 3 ) || SEMESTR ( 4 )
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 75 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 0/75, only registered: 0/75
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 17 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- The aim of the subject is to demonstrate the students with the primary and secondary documents of the EC/EU, with the EU information sources, which are at disposition for the given topic, and give them basic orientation. It is aimed at students, who start to orient themselves in the field of questions on the European integration. The course is mainly held by work in the internet. At the end of the course student should be able to identify the information sources of the EU, to hierarchize them, to formulate a concept about the particular revisions of the primary law and categories of the secondary law, will be able to search in the EU databases. According to its character, the subject is time limited.
- The subject is timely limited and includes three meetings with different topics:
- 1. Informational sources on the EU, primary in electronical form: presentation of important servers, division by their content, research of individual treaties and basic documents, orientation on the EU-servers.
- 2. Basic orientation inside the treaties and their revision (primary law of the EU), focussing on the members of those documents, their hierarchy and concepts.
- 3. Presentation and orientation in the secondary law of the EU, research of individual documents by the help of the internet, orientation in the databases of the EU.
- Access to European Parliament, Council and Commission documents. A user's guide. Luxembourg: Office for Official Publications of the European Communities, 2002.
- Studijní materiály a prezentace dostupné v IS MU
- Teaching methods
- Lectures, internet presentations, practical work with electronical resources and databases, drill - EU documents search, homework.
- Assessment methods
- The course is finished with credits. To acquire credits it is obligatory to attend the discussion with experts and to accomplish the practical task. It is based on a research and an analysis of relevant documents of the EU including the description of the methods, how the student solved the given problem. Detailed parameters of the task will be presented during the semester.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
Information on course enrolment limitations: Nezapisují si studenti 3. ročníku, předmět je určen pouze pro studenty 1. a 2. ročníků.