FSS:VPLb1152 Employment Law and Work Law - Course Information
VPLb1152 Employment Law, Work Law and Law of Collective BargainingFaculty of Social Studies
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/1/0. 5 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- JUDr. Iva Kernová (lecturer)
prof. PhDr. Tomáš Sirovátka, CSc. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- JUDr. Iva Kernová
Department of Social Policy and Social Work - Faculty of Social Studies
Supplier department: Department of Social Policy and Social Work - Faculty of Social Studies
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- SPRb1104 Principles of Law
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 43 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 0/43, only registered: 0/43, only registered with preference (fields directly associated with the programme): 0/43
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 6 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- The course is a follow-up of "The Basics of Law"course. It gives the students a deeper insight into the labor issues, employment issues and collective bargaining. It focuses on solving specific problems from the practice. It takes into account students' focus on public policy and human resources.
- Learning outcomes
- The student will be able to: - focus on the issues of employment, labour law, collective bargaining rights - solve specific problems brought by the practice - basic legal advice in these areas
- I. EMPLOYMENT LAW 1. Activities of the Ministry of Labour and employment agencies in the field of employment 2. The right to employment, job placement procedure, a job seeker a registered job seeker 3. Vacancy reporting duty of employers 4. Unemployment support and retraining support 5. Labour agencies activities 6. Employing persons with disabilities 7. Employing persons from abroad 8. Active Employment Policy 9. Activities of children in art, culture, sports, advertising. 10. Inspection in the area of employment II. LABOUR LAW 1. Employment: initiation, types, labor contract, a probation period, a competition clause, salary and other agreements, appointing. 2. Work outside employment contracts: contract of services, agreement on work 3. Changes concerning the employment relationship: contract principle, unilateral changes in relation to transfer of rights and obligations to another employer 4. Termination of employment relationship, the employer's other obligations in connection to the termination of employment, negotiations with trade unions, collective redundancies, job certificates and evaluations, compensation, rights arising from invalid termination of employment, termination of contracts of services and agreement on work. 5. Working hours: definition, length, types, rest between shifts and during the week, overtime and emergency work, night work, registration of working hours. 6. Leave of absence: length, conditions of taking leave of absence, interruption, curtailment. 7. Obstacles to work 8. Wages, salaries, bonuses 9. Damage refunds: liability of employers, employer's liability 10. Health and Safety at Work 11. Care of staff. III. COLLECTIVE BARGAINING 1. Collective labour agreement: concept, origin, length, type 2. Internal regulations: concept, origin, relationship to the collective agreement 3. Trade unions: concept, initiation, powers (cooperation, joint decision making, decision making, inspection) 4. Council of Employees: initiation, term of office, rights and obligations 5. Concluding a collective agreement: proceedings with the mediator, proceedings with the arbitrator, strike, lockout 6. Higher-degree collective agreements 7. Tripartism 8. Access to transnational information: European Works Council established by the means of arrangement, Arrangements for other procedures for transnational information and consultation, the European Works Council established under the Labour Law. Legal sources: Act No. 262/2006 Coll., Labour Act No. 435/2004 Coll. On employment Act No. 73/2011 Coll., About the Labor Office of the Czech Republic Government Regulation No. 515/2004 Coll., On material support for the creation of new jobs and material support for retraining or training of employees within the investment incentives Decree No. 518/2004 Coll., Implementing Act No. 435/2004 Coll. Employment Decree No 519/2004 Coll. Retraining of job seekers and applicants for employment and retraining of employees Act No. 2 / 1991 Coll. Collective bargaining Act No. . 83/1990 on Association of Citizens, as amended by Act No. 300/1990 Coll. Act No. 120/1990 Coll., Which govern relations between unions and employers Decree No. 16/1991 Coll. Intermediaries, arbitrators and store higher level collective agreements Act No. 118/2000 Coll. On the protection of workers at the employer's insolvency Communication No. 102/2008 Coll. Decisive for determining the amount of total wages paid to one employee claims under the Act 118/200 Coll. On the protection of workers at the employer's insolvency
- recommended literature
- - Šíma Alexander, Milan Suk: Základy práva pro střední a vyšší odborné školy, C.H. Beck, 2017, ISBN: 978-80-7400-663-0
- - Neščáková L.: Pracovní právo pro neprávníky, Grada, 2012, ISBN: 978-80-247-4091
- Troster P., Knebl P.: Zákon o kolektivním vyjednávání, komentář, Wolters Kluwer, 2014 ISBN: 978-80-7478-644-0
- Teaching methods
- Lectures, seminars, study of legal norms, discussion, practising by the means of solving concrete examples from practice, work in small study groups.
- Assessment methods
- Exam requirements: a test (open and multiple-choice questions)
- Language of instruction