FSS:GEN109 Thesis Seminar - Course Information
GEN109 Thesis SeminarFaculty of Social Studies
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2. 12 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- Mgr. Lucie Jarkovská, Ph.D. (lecturer)
doc. Kateřina Lišková, Ph.D. (lecturer)
doc. PhDr. Kateřina Nedbálková, Ph.D. (lecturer)
doc. Libora Oates-Indruchová, Ph.D. (lecturer)
doc. PhDr. Iva Šmídová, Ph.D. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. PhDr. Iva Šmídová, Ph.D.
Department of Sociology - Faculty of Social Studies
Contact Person: Ing. Soňa Enenkelová
- Students enrol in this course in their last intended term before they sit for final exam. Defence of the thesis is a part of the exam.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 8 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- The student’s task is to conduct an independent research under the guidance of their supervisor in the field of their study. Results of this research are then to be analyzed and presented as an academic text, in the length and formal standards common in their field (incl. structure of the thesis, abstract, key words, format, citation standard and list of references and bibliography). Graduates of this course will then be able to define a specific research topic in their field, independently conduct a research and analyze collected data to compose academic text meeting the theoretical, methodological and formal standards in their field. Students are also ready to defend their thesis.
- The course has the form of individual consultations with the supervisor in all stages of thesis completion.
- Come si fa una tesi di laurea (Orig.) : Jak napsat diplomovou práci. info
- KUBÁTOVÁ, Helena and Dušan ŠIMEK. Od abstraktu do závěrečné práce : jak napsat diplomovou práci ve společenskovědních a humanitních oborech : praktická příručka. 4., přeprac. vyd. Olomouc: Univerzita Palackého v Olomouci, 2007. 90 s. ISBN 9788024415895. info
- POKORNÝ, Jiří. Úspěšnost zaručena : jak efektivně zpracovat a obhájit diplomovou práci. Vyd. 1. Brno: Akademické nakladatelství CERM, 2004. 207 s. ISBN 807204348X. info
- Assessment methods
- The course has the form of individual consultations with the supervisor in all stages of thesis completion. The outcome is a submitted BA thesis.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- Study Materials
The course is taught each semester.