FSS:SPR899 Conceptualization - Course Information
SPR899 Conceptualization of Master ThesisFaculty of Social Studies
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2/0. 6 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- Mgr. Petra Horová, Ph.D. (lecturer)
PhDr. Alena Lubasová (lecturer)
Mgr. Blanka Plasová, PhD. (lecturer)
Mgr. Eva Procházková, DiS. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. et Mgr. Lenka Formánková, Ph.D. (assistant)
Mgr. Ondřej Hora, Ph.D. (assistant)
PhDr. Markéta Horáková, Ph.D. (assistant)
PhDr. Helena Tomešová Bartáková, Ph.D., M.Sc. (assistant)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. PhDr. Libor Musil, CSc.
Department of Social Policy and Social Work - Faculty of Social Studies
- NOW ( SPR898 Thesis Methodology ) && ! SPP899 Conceptualization
The course is enrolled in that semester when subject of final work is submitted.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Social Policy and Social Work (programme FSS, N-SP)
- Social Policy and Social Work (programme FSS, N-SP, specialization Personnel Management and Organizational Development)
- Social Policy and Social Work (programme FSS, N-SP, specialization Social Policy)
- Social Policy and Social Work (programme FSS, N-SP, specialization Communal Social Work)
- Social Policy and Social Work (programme FSS, N-SP, specialization Case Social Work)
- Social Work (programme FSS, N-SP)
- Social Work (programme FSS, N-SP, specialization Communal Social Work)
- Social Work (programme FSS, N-SP, specialization Case Social Work)
- Course objectives
- The aim of the course is to give students support in elaborating the theoretical background of their final work. At the end of the course, students should be able to give theoretical reasons to their partial research questions which consist with the basic research question.
- The course is devoted to the following topics and issues:
- 1. Identifying concepts used in designing the basic research question.
- 2. Defining concepts consistent with the intended meaning of the basic research question
- 3. Defining partial research questions and elaborating theoretical arguments supporting their design.
- Jak se vyrábí sociologická znalost :příručka pro uživatele. Edited by Miroslav Disman. 3. vyd. Praha: Karolinum, 2000. 374 s. ISBN 80-246-0139-7. info
- Assessment methods
- The course consists in individual consultations with the tutor, defining theoretical concepts of the final work and giving theoretical reasons to the partial research questions. The course is completed by credit which is preconditioned by handing in the first draft of theoretical part of the final work to the tutor.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- The course is taught annually.
The course is taught: in blocks.