FSS:SOCd0108 Review II - Course Information
SOCd0108 Review IIFaculty of Social Studies
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/0/0. 3 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
Taught in person.
- doc. Bernadette Nadya Jaworsky, Ph.D. (lecturer)
prof. PhDr. Tomáš Katrňák, Ph.D. (lecturer)
prof. Martin Kreidl, Ph.D. (lecturer)
doc. Kateřina Lišková, Ph.D. (lecturer)
doc. Mgr. Jakub Macek, Ph.D. (lecturer)
doc. PhDr. Ing. Radim Marada, Ph.D. (lecturer)
doc. PhDr. Kateřina Nedbálková, Ph.D. (lecturer)
doc. PhDr. Csaba Szaló, Ph.D. (lecturer)
doc. PhDr. Iva Šmídová, Ph.D. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. Martin Kreidl, Ph.D.
Department of Sociology - Faculty of Social Studies
Contact Person: Ing. Soňa Enenkelová
Supplier department: Department of Sociology - Faculty of Social Studies
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- ! SOC908 Review II && ! NOW ( SOC908 Review II )
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 8 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- Students should be able to critically summarize and interpreted an academic monograph relevant to their dissertation research.
- Learning outcomes
- students can critically assess and interpret a research monograph
- Outline of the review is based on custom in the field and is primarily determined by the journal, where you intend to publish your piece. For a good role model, students may utilize any review article in Contemporary sociology.
- Writing a book review- blog entry at https://www.thesociologicalreview.com/blog/writing-a-book-review.html
- Teaching methods
- independent study, writing a review, consultations with supervisor/editor
- Assessment methods
- credit is awarded on the basis of a published book review in an academic journal
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- The course is taught annually.