PrF:BF604Zk Monetary Policy - Course Information
BF604Zk Monetary Policy and Currency LawFaculty of Law
- Extent and Intensity
- 12/0/0. 6 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- doc. Ing. Jiří Blažek, CSc. (lecturer)
doc. JUDr. Petr Mrkývka, Ph.D. (lecturer)
JUDr. Johan Schweigl, Ph.D. (lecturer)
JUDr. Dana Šramková, Ph.D., MBA (lecturer)
Ing. Eva Tomášková, Ph.D. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. Ing. Jiří Blažek, CSc.
Department of Financial Law and Economics - Faculty of Law
Contact Person: Vladimíra Vraná
Supplier department: Department of Financial Law and Economics - Faculty of Law
- Thu 25. 2. 12:00–13:40 209, 14:00–15:40 209, Fri 9. 4. 8:00–9:40 129, 10:00–11:40 129, Fri 23. 4. 12:00–13:40 124, 14:00–15:40 124
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- ! OBOR ( PR ) && ! OBOR ( PR01 ) && ! PROGRAM ( N - VS )
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 12 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- The goal of this subject is to explain the role of monetary policy as a part of economic policy of the governments. Qn emphasis is laid mainly on the particular instruments of monetary policy (especially, on discount instruments and capital market operations) and effectiveness of these instruments. Aside from that, the course also covers the role and functions of central banks in general, and the Czech National Bank – mainly as for the monetary policy of the Czech Republic.
- Governmental economic policy and its goals 2) Monetary policy as a part of economic policy 3) The instruments of economic policy and their influence on the economic system 4) Discount instruments and their effects 5) Capital market operations 6) Effectiveness of the monetary policy instruments 7) The role of the central bank (ČNB) 8) The Czech national bank and monetary policy 9) Regulation of the instruments of monetary policy 10) Monetary policy in the EU, the role of ECB
- recommended literature
- BLAŽEK, Jiří, Alena KERLINOVÁ, Jan KUBÍČEK, Eva TOMÁŠKOVÁ and Vladimír TOMŠÍK. Národní hospodářství. 1. vyd. Brno: Masarykova univerzita, 2014. 224 pp. Učebnice Právnické fakulty MU, sv. 510. ISBN 978-80-210-6949-7. info
- REVENDA, Zbyněk. Centrální bankovnictví. 3. aktualiz. vyd. Praha: Management Press, 2011. 558 s. ISBN 9788072612307. info
- BLAŽEK, Jiří. Základy ekonomie. 2. opr. vyd. Brno: Doplněk, 2002. 215 s. ISBN 8072390953. info
- Teaching methods
- Lectures, in which the fundamental theoretical examples the practice of the ČNB’s monetary policy will be explained.
- Assessment methods
- Final written exam (20 open and multiple-choice questions) is followed by an oral examination.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- Study Materials
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/law/spring2021/BF604Zk