PrF:BO106K English for Specific Purposes - Course Information
BO106K English for Specific Purposes IFaculty of Law
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/10/0. 3 credit(s). Type of Completion: k (colloquium).
- Mgr. Štěpánka Bilová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
PhDr. Hana Kallus, M.A., Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- PhDr. Hana Kallus, M.A., Ph.D.
Language Centre, Faculty of Law Division - Language Centre
Contact Person: Lenka Pavlíková
Supplier department: Language Centre, Faculty of Law Division - Language Centre
- Timetable of Seminar Groups
- BO106K/01: Fri 30. 10. 10:00–11:40 315, 12:00–13:40 315, 14:00–15:40 315, Fri 11. 12. 10:00–11:40 315, 12:00–13:40 315, Š. Bilová
- ! OBOR ( PR ) && ! OBOR ( PR01 ) && ! PROGRAM ( N - VS )
The students are required to reach at least intermediate level of general English before they enter the course. All language skills will be practised with special focus on English for specific purposes and English for academic purposes.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 41 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- The aim of the course is to get familiar with the basic vocabulary of international commercial law, understand simple texts on specific topics (Export and Import Transactions, INCOTERMS, payment mechanisms), present the main points and write formal and semiformal letters and emails in English.
- Learning outcomes
- At the end of this course will be able to understand simple texts on specific topics (Export and Import Transactions, INCOTERMS, payment mechanisms), deduce the meanings of unknown words from a context and define key terms of international commercial law. They will also be able to prepare and present the main points of a given text, explain the basic issues of export and import transactions and write formal and semiformal letters and emails in English.
- 1. Introduction - Basic Terminology. 2. International Trade Organizations 3. Export and Import Transactions 4. INCOTERMS. 5. International Payment Mechanisms
- required literature
- materiály ve složce Učební materiály ve studijních materiálech v IS MU
- Teaching methods
- Interactive language seminar.
- Assessment methods
- It is ended by colloquium. The requirements for the colloquium: language portfolio (pre-session and after-session tasks) in electronic form: reading tasks - understanding the text, searching for specific information and summarizing it, translation of collocations in the context, writing a letter/email of advice, reviewing a letter/email. Active participation is compulsory.
- Language of instruction
- Follow-Up Courses
- Further Comments
- The course is taught annually.
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses
- Teacher's information
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/law/autumn2020/BO106K