PrF:BO405K Internat. Trade Transaction I - Course Information
BO405K International Trade Transactions IFaculty of Law
- Extent and Intensity
- 12/0/0. 3 credit(s). Type of Completion: k (colloquium).
- doc. JUDr. Jiří Valdhans, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Mgr. Bc. Radovan Malachta (assistant)
Mgr. Kateřina Remsová, Ph.D. (assistant)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. JUDr. Jiří Valdhans, Ph.D.
Department of International and European Law - Faculty of Law
Contact Person: Jana Dopitová
Supplier department: Department of International and European Law - Faculty of Law
- Wed 24. 2. 12:00–13:40 209, 14:00–15:40 209, Fri 23. 4. 18:00–19:40 124, Fri 21. 5. 8:00–9:40 124, 14:00–15:40 126, 16:00–17:40 126
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- ! OBOR ( PR ) && ! OBOR ( PR01 ) && ! PROGRAM ( N - VS )
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 40 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- Main objective is to familiarize students with the basic principles of the legal regulation of international business transactions. After the short introduction to the general topic of solving legal regime of business transactions with international element the legal regulation of the contract of purchase under the unified CISG is accentuated.
- Learning outcomes
- Student will be able, after completing the course, to identify the position of international business transactions in the international trade law scheme. He will be able to identify sources of legal regulation of international business transactions. He will acquire basic knowledge of the nature of the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods, the conclusion of the Purchase Contract, and the rights and obligations of the parties to the Purchase Contract under the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods.
- 1. Recapitulation - three levels of international trade regulation
- 2. Recapitulation - international organizations, WTO, external economical relationships of EU
- 3. Recapitulation - legal mode of international business transactions
- 4. Uniform legal regulation of purchase contract with international element - application presumptions
- 5. The process of contractation
- 6. Legal regulation of the rights and duties of parties
- Teaching methods
- Classes with smaller groups, class discussion
- Assessment methods
- Written test - solving of the problem outgoing of fictious issue of fact by using CISG. Oral part - three levels of legal regulation in international commercial law, legal regulation of international commercial transactions.
- Language of instruction
- Follow-Up Courses
- Further Comments
- Study Materials
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/law/spring2021/BO405K