PrF:BO604Zk Internat.Protection ofCopyrigh - Course Information
BO604Zk International Protection of Intelectual Property RightsFaculty of Law
- Extent and Intensity
- 12/0/0. 4 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- JUDr. Radim Charvát, Ph.D., LL.M. (lecturer)
prof. JUDr. Vladimír Týč, CSc. (lecturer)
doc. JUDr. Filip Křepelka, Ph.D. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. JUDr. Vladimír Týč, CSc.
Department of International and European Law - Faculty of Law
Contact Person: Jana Dopitová
Supplier department: Department of International and European Law - Faculty of Law
- Fri 19. 3. 10:00–11:40 133, 12:00–13:40 133, 14:00–15:40 133, Fri 16. 4. 10:00–11:40 133, 12:00–13:40 133, 14:00–15:40 133
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- ! OBOR ( PR ) && ! OBOR ( PR01 ) && ! PROGRAM ( N - VS )
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 14 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- The purpose of this 1-semester course is to provide students basic knowledge relating to international aspects of the protection of intellectual property (international treaties) and the legal regulation contained in EC law, which is binding for the Czech Republic as well. Main objective of the course is the understanding of the necessity of international dimension of the protection of particular industrial property rights and copyright.
- 1. International dimension of the intellectual property (IP) protection. 2. Patents (PCT, EPO), utility models, industrial designs, integrated circuits, new variety of plants. European patent with unitary effect in EU. 3. Trademarks (Madrid system), appelations of origin (geographical indications). 4. Copyright and neighbouring rights, software protection. 5. IP protection in international trade (legal defects of goods, TRIPS agreement). 6. Disposition with IP rights (licence agreements etc.) 7. Material regulation of IP in EU. Community (EU) trademark and design. 8. IP rights at the Single Market. Exhaustion of rights.
- Teaching methods
- lectures, homeworks
- Assessment methods
- Examination: written test.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- Study Materials
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/law/spring2021/BO604Zk