PrF:BP601Zk Competition Law - Course Information
BP601Zk Competition LawFaculty of Law
- Extent and Intensity
- 12/0. 5 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- prof. JUDr. Josef Bejček, CSc. (lecturer)
prof. JUDr. Jarmila Pokorná, CSc. (lecturer)
doc. JUDr. Josef Kotásek, Ph.D. (lecturer)
JUDr. Eva Večerková, Ph.D. (lecturer)
doc. JUDr. Dana Ondrejová, Ph.D. (lecturer)
doc. JUDr. Ing. Josef Šilhán, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Bc. Lukáš Weiss (assistant)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. JUDr. Josef Bejček, CSc.
Department of Commercial Law - Faculty of Law
Contact Person: Vladimíra Vraná
Supplier department: Department of Commercial Law - Faculty of Law
- Thu 20. 2. 12:00–13:40 133, 14:00–15:40 133, Fri 6. 3. 8:00–9:40 025, 10:00–11:40 025, Fri 13. 3. 10:00–11:40 025, 12:00–13:40 025
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- ! OBOR ( PR ) && ! OBOR ( PR01 ) && ! PROGRAM ( N - VS )
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 12 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- Students will be able to identify cases of infringement of the rules of fair competition and to approximately discern unfair and fair competition. They will acquire orientation in enforcement the law. Students will be familiar with the structure of antitrust law and will be ready to identify obvious infringements of Czech Act on protection oc competition and the will principially know how to enforce the law.The course deals with economic competition, its concept and developments and the law against unfair competition and the sanctionong of the law against unfair competition.
- Concept of economic competition Law againts unfair competition General clause against unfair competition Deceptive advertising Deceptive marking of goods and services Conduct contributing to mistaken identity Parasitic use of reputation of another rival Bribery Disparagement Other unfair conmpetition delicts Agreements distorting competition Prohibition of an abuse of market position Control of concentrations (mergers)
- required literature
- ONDREJOVÁ, Dana, Josef BEJČEK, Josef KOTÁSEK, Jaromír KOŽIAK, Jarmila POKORNÁ, Radek RUBAN, Josef ŠILHÁN and Eva VEČERKOVÁ. Nástin obchodního práva (Outline of business law). 1. vyd. Brno: Masarykova univerzita, 2014. 360 pp. Učebnice PrF MU, sv. 515. ISBN 978-80-210-7417-0. info
- not specified
- BEJČEK, Josef, Petr HAJN, Jarmila POKORNÁ, Jaromír KOŽIAK, Radek RUBAN, Josef ŠILHÁN, Eva TOMÁŠKOVÁ and Eva VEČERKOVÁ. Obchodní právo. Obecná část. Soutěžní právo. 1. vyd. V Praze: C.H. Beck, 2014. xxvii, 383. ISBN 9788074005473. info
- Teaching methods
- Lectures; case law and its generalization; solving of model case situations
- Assessment methods
- The exam is oral. Mastering of the theoretical foundations and the ability to apply it to particular situation is to be assessed(general practical case solution).
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- Study Materials
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/law/spring2020/BP601Zk