PrF:BS603Zk Social Security Law II - Course Information
BS603Zk Social Security Law for Bachelors IIFaculty of Law
- Extent and Intensity
- 12/0/0. 7 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- JUDr. Jaroslav Stránský, Ph.D. (lecturer)
doc. JUDr. Milan Galvas, CSc. (seminar tutor)
JUDr. Jana Komendová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Michal Blažek (assistant)
JUDr. Jan Horecký, Ph.D. (assistant)
Mgr. Ivana Kupčíková, DiS. (assistant)
Mgr. Roman Zapletal (assistant)
- Guaranteed by
- JUDr. Jaroslav Stránský, Ph.D.
Department of Labour Law and Social Security Law - Faculty of Law
Contact Person: Zuzana Suchá
Supplier department: Department of Labour Law and Social Security Law - Faculty of Law
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- ! OBOR ( PR ) && ! PROGRAM ( N - VS )
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Social Security Law (programme PrF, B-PSP)
- Course objectives
- Social Security Law deals with the fundamental issues in creating and implementing the social security system in its broadest sense of the term. It focuses on the health insurance system, the sickness insurance system, the pension insurance system, the state social benefit scheme and the social assistance system. In the end of this course students should be able to comprehend the system of social security; be able to understand the specific features of its functioning; be able to solve the concrete social situations of natural persons by using the legal regulations.
- Sickness insurance - person covered, matters covered, the different benefits; The pension insurance - persons covered, matters covered, the different pensions; The state social benefit - persons covered, matters covered, the different benefits; The social assistance - persons covered, matters covered, the different benefits and services; The procedure and decision-making in Social Security Law
- TRÖSTER, Petr. Právo sociálního zabezpečení. 4. přeprac. a dopl. vyd. Praha: C.H. Beck, 2008. xxxvii, 36. ISBN 9788074000324. info
- GREGOROVÁ, Zdeňka and Milan GALVAS. Sociální zabezpečení. 2005. info
- GREGOROVÁ, Zdeňka. Důchodové systémy (Pension systems). 1. vyd. Brno: Masarykova univerzita, 1998. 212 pp. Acta Universitatis Brunesis Iuridica ; No 214. ISBN 80-210-2003-2. info
- Teaching methods
- Lectures with the presentaion in PowerPoint; participation in seminars; solving of concrete cases.
- Assessment methods
- Oral examination - one question from the basic theory of the social security law and one question from the concrete legal regulation of the social security law. To pass an examination the student must answer both questions.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- The course is taught annually.
The course is taught: in blocks.