PrF:DAC1PVP01 Key Concepts of Constitutional - Course Information
DAC1PVP01 Key Concepts of Constitutional LawFaculty of Law
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/0/0. 10 credit(s). Type of Completion: k (colloquium).
Taught in person.
- JUDr. Ladislav Vyhnánek, Ph.D., LL.M. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. JUDr. PhDr. Robert Zbíral, Ph.D.
- No formal prerequisites, decent understanding of constitutional theory is expected.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Comparative Constitutional Law (programme PrF, CCL_) (2)
- Course objectives
- The aim of the subject is to make the students acquainted with the key concepts of contemporary constitutional law and show the width and depth of their contemporary understanding.
- Learning outcomes
- The student will be: - able to understand the key concepts of constitutional law at a very deep level - able to engage with the existing literature concerning these concepts and contribute to the field by their own writings
- 1) Current state of constitutionalism in the world. 2) Evolution and models of constitutionalism 3) Legitimacy 4) Rule of Law 5) Separation of Powers 6) Global Constitutionalism
- required literature
- SOMEK, Alexander. The cosmopolitan constitution. First edition. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2014. xii, 291. ISBN 9780198797944. info
- The twilight of constitutionalism? Edited by Petra Dobner - Martin Loughlin. New York: Oxford University Press, 2010. xvi, 352. ISBN 9780199651993. info
- BEATTY, David M. The ultimate rule of law. New York: Oxford University Press, 2004. xvii, 193. ISBN 9780199288014. info
- not specified
- SADURSKI, Wojciech. Equality and legitimacy. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2008. xii, 259. ISBN 9780199545179. info
- Teaching methods
- home preparation, reading, guided discussions
- Assessment methods
- evaluation of guided discussions
- Language of instruction
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/law/autumn2021/DAC1PVP01