PrF:DO4RIPR03 Reception of Roman Law II. - Course Information
DO4RIPR03 Reception of Roman Law II.Faculty of Law
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/0/0. 3 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
Taught in person.
- doc. JUDr. Pavel Salák, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. JUDr. Pavel Salák, Ph.D.
Department of the History of the State and Law - Faculty of Law
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Roman Law (programme PrF, DPRP_) (2)
- Course objectives
- The course focuses on the influence of Roman law in the Middle Ages and the modern history in the region of Germany and the region of Czech lands.
- Learning outcomes
- At the end of the course, students will be able to ;
Orientate in schools of legal thinking of the period in question;
Find appropriate sources for their thesis topic;
Characterize specific schools of legal thinking and its main representatives;
Analyse specific sources ;
Determine the context and significance of specific sources;
Apply the knowledge about the reception in order to find materials for their thesis topic
- Medieval reception in Germany
- Usus modernus pandectarum
- Medieval reception in Bohemia
- Reception in BOhemia in 18.-21. Century
- required literature
- JHERING, Rudolf von. Geist des römischen Rechts auf den verschiedenen Stufen seiner Entwicklung. Zweiter Theil, erste Abtheilung. 5. Aufl. Leipzig: Druck und Verlag von Breitkopf und Härtel, 1894.
- recommended literature
- BELOW, Georg von. Die Ursachen der Rezeption des römischen Rechts in Deutschland. München: R. Oldenbourg, 1905. Historische Bibliothek.
- SAVIGNY, Friedrich Carl von. Geschichte des römischen Rechts im Mittelalter.
- Teaching methods
- As a teaching method, there is an individual study of assigned expert literature and eventually individual expert consultations with lecturers.
- Assessment methods
- Discussion about the reception of a chosen institute of Roman law.
- Language of instruction
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/law/spring2023/DO4RIPR03