PrF:DO6TEPR03 Současné právní myšlení VI. - Course Information
DO6TEPR03 Současné právní myšlení VI.Faculty of Law
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/0/0. 3 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- Guaranteed by
- doc. JUDr. Tomáš Sobek, Ph.D.
Department of Legal Theory - Faculty of Law
- No special prerequisites needed.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Theory of Law (programme PrF, TEPR_) (2)
- Course objectives
- The course aims to acquaint students with the important issues of contemporary philosophy of law. The main method of work will be reading group. We will read texts in English. Students should develop their ability to critically understand the theoretical text. The course will also develop the ability of legal argumentation.
- Learning outcomes
- After completing the course, students will be able to: 1) basic orientation in the main problems of contemporary philosophy of law 2) reading theoretical texts with understanding; 3) critical thinking about abstract topics; 4) legal argumentation
- 1) Shared intentions (Michael Bratman); 2) Planning Theory (Scott Shapiro); 3) The Force of Law (Fred Schauer); 4) Kantianism and Private Law (Arthur Ripstein); 5) Moral Realism I. (Ronald Dworkin); 6) Moral Realism II. (Matthew Kramer).
- Teaching methods
- reading group
- Assessment methods
- active participation
- Language of instruction
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/law/spring2021/DO6TEPR03