PrF:DOPVPA2 Module Business Obligations A - Course Information
DOPVPA2 Module Business Obligations AFaculty of Law
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/0/0. 5 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
Taught in person.
- Guaranteed by
- doc. JUDr. Ing. Josef Šilhán, Ph.D.
Department of Commercial Law - Faculty of Law
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Commercial Law (programme PrF, OBPR_) (2)
- Course objectives
- The module "Business Obligations" is one of the five models available to students (along with corporations, existential protection of competition, unfair competition and securities). The modules relate to more specific research topics that are beneficial for the further scientific development of students by their timeliness or doctrinal significance. Given the key importance of case law in the field that has undergone major legislative changes as part of the recodification, it is expected that the module will at least once a year focus more on application and decision-making practice (judicial case law, supervisory decision-making, litigation, etc.).
- Learning outcomes
- In modular courses, students should learn to formulate their own professional analytical solutions to more specifically formulated professional questions and the ability to present them to a professional audience. They will be able to solve complex cases on the basis of deep understanding of theoretical background and knowledge of decision-making practice.
- Given that the thematic focus of the modules is dynamic and changes according to the current state of doctrine and case law, the outline of the course can be presented only by a demonstrative list of areas from which tasks will be assigned: basic concepts and concepts of contract law; consequences of breach of business obligations
- Aktuální publikace a soudní rozhodnutí dle zadání lektora (Current publications and court decisions according to the lecturer's assignment)
- Teaching methods
- The teaching methods of the module are variable and are determined mainly by the topic. As a standard, theoretical preparation (reading of assigned literature) and subsequent discussion with student presentations are expected. For more narrowly defined topics, there are possible variations that will be announced to students in advance (work on written output, participation in a research group, presentation in a public forum).
- Assessment methods
- Assessment methods depend on the teaching methods that are variable and depend on the description over a specific time period. It is usually assumed that homework (reading) and participation in a group project with a presentation whose quality is verified by the teachers of the subject. For specific topics, evaluation of the relevant written output (essay, expert analysis) is possible.
- Language of instruction
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/law/autumn2021/DOPVPA2