PrF:MP417Zk History of Legal Thought - Course Information
MP417Zk History of Legal ThoughtFaculty of Law
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/0/0. 2 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- doc. JUDr. Jaromír Harvánek, CSc. (lecturer)
JUDr. Lukáš Hlouch, Ph.D. (lecturer)
prof. JUDr. Pavel Holländer, DrSc. (lecturer)
doc. JUDr. Radim Polčák, Ph.D. (lecturer)
JUDr. Bc. Terezie Smejkalová, Ph.D. (lecturer)
doc. JUDr. Tomáš Sobek, Ph.D. (lecturer)
doc. JUDr. Mgr. Martin Škop, Ph.D. (lecturer)
prof. JUDr. PhDr. Miloš Večeřa, CSc. (lecturer)
JUDr. Michal Malaník, Ph.D. (assistant)
- Guaranteed by
- JUDr. Bc. Terezie Smejkalová, Ph.D.
Department of Legal Theory - Faculty of Law
Contact Person: Tereza Buchalová
Supplier department: Department of Legal Theory - Faculty of Law
- Mon 24. 2. to Fri 22. 5. Mon 10:00–11:40 038
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- NOW_LIMIT ( MP417Z History of Legal Thought - sem ) || MP417Z History of Legal Thought - sem || CM417Z History of Legal Thought - sem
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- Fields of study the course is directly associated with
- Course objectives
- At the end of the course students should be able to: use fundamental means of legal methodology; understand fundamental theoretical approaches; argument by use of legal conceptions; solve hard cases; make reasoned decisions at meta-legal level.
- 1. Iuspositivism v. iusnaturalism I. 2. Iuspositivism v. iusnaturalism II. 3. Constructive metaphysic otherwise imperative of inflexibility of material core of the constitution 4. Legal rules: philosophical contexts 5. Legal principles 6. Principle of proportionality: variability of it s structure 7. Varity categories in normative thought 8. Legal language and legal hermeneutics 9. Interpretation and argumentation in law 10. Logicism in legal thought 11. Justice problem I. 12. Justice problem II.
- required literature
- HOLLÄNDER, Pavel. Filosofie práva. 2. rozš. vyd. Plzeň: Vydavatelství a nakladatelství Aleš Čeněk, 2012. 421 s. ISBN 9788073803667. info
- WEINBERGER, Ota. Norma a instituce : (úvod do teorie práva). Translated by Pavel Hungr. Vyd. 1,. Brno: Masarykova univerzita, 1995. 217 s. ISBN 8021011238. info
- Teaching methods
- lectures; analysis of selected legal documents
- Assessment methods
- oral and written examination; the written part consists of open questions, whereas the student must answer two questions marked as ejecting. Then are 5 questions dealing with fundamental conceptions (max. 2 points each question), last 4 questions deal with verifying relations between concepts (max. 3 point each). To pass written examination student must reach 8 points. The oral part verifies the ability to argue by use of theoretical concepts.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- The course is taught annually.
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/law/spring2020/MP417Zk