PrF:MV845K Legal Protection of Compet. II - Course Information
MV845K Legal Protection of Competition IIFaculty of Law
- Extent and Intensity
- 1/1. 3 credit(s). Type of Completion: k (colloquium).
- prof. JUDr. Josef Bejček, CSc. (lecturer)
JUDr. Robert Neruda, Ph.D. (lecturer)
doc. JUDr. Michal Petr, Ph.D. (lecturer)
JUDr. David Raus, Ph.D. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. JUDr. Josef Bejček, CSc.
Department of Commercial Law - Faculty of Law
Contact Person: Bc. Gabriela Medková
- each even Monday 11:10–12:40 302
- Timetable of Seminar Groups:
MV845K/02: No timetable has been entered into IS.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 25 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 0/25, only registered: 0/25
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Law (programme PrF, M-PPV)
- Course objectives
- Gaining the very newest and updated information on developments in Czech and European competition case law and on the very newest tendencies and considerations de lege ferenda. Developing and training some practical skills needed in the contact with antitrust authorities. Insight into the last decision making of the European Commission and ECJ. Training of legal writings related to antitrust (especially drafts of administrative and judicial actions and appelations), designing of compliance programmes. Commentaries to particular cases will be performed as well as the assessment of the arguments of parties involved. The limits of administrative and judicial discretion will be delineated. Lectures will be conducted in English. Some materials will be available only in Czech version (decisions of the Czech Antitrust Authority and of the Czech courts). Final thesis may be delivered in English.
- Competence of the competition authorities, cooperation within the ECN and ICN (p) Leading European and Czech cases concerning agreements distorting competition : commentary, analyses and criticism by the students (p) Leading European and Czech cases concerning abuse of dominant position : commentary, analyses and criticism by the students (p) Practical proceedings issues related to the cartel agreements and to the abuse of dominant position (p) Most important Czech and European decisions on mergers - analyses and criticism by the students (p) Practical issues of proceedings on approval of a merger. Solving a hypothetical model case (p) Leniency programmes, compliance, competition advocacy (p) On a right appeal against the administrative decision (p) On a right administrative action in competition affairs (p) Private enforcement of competition law. Criminalization of competition law. (p) On prohibition of public subsidies and their relationship to competition (p) Colloquium, final assessment of semester papers and discussion thereon
- Bellamy & Child European community law of competition. Edited by Peter Roth - Vivien Rose. 6th ed. Oxford : Oxford University Press, 2008. ccxxvi, 16. ISBN 9780199286515.
- Jones, Alison - Sufrin, Brenda. EC competition law :text, cases, and materials. 2nd ed. Oxford : Oxford University Press, 2004. cxi, 1303. ISBN 0199269971.
- Munková, Jindřiška - Svoboda, Pavel - Kindl, Jiří. Soutěžní právo. Vyd. 1. Praha : C.H. Beck, 2006. xix, 411 s. ISBN 8071794406.
- Raus, David - Neruda, Robert. Zákon o ochraně hospodářské soutěže :komentář a souvisící české i komunitární předpisy. 2. aktualiz. a přeprac. vyd. Praha : Linde, 2006. 671 s. ISBN 807201563X.
- Eliáš, Karel - Hajn, Petr - Bejček, Josef. Kurs obchodního práva : obecná část : soutěžní právo. / Karel Eliáš ... [et al.]. 5. vyd. Praha : C.H. Beck, 2007. 610 s. (Právnické učebnice). ISBN 978-80-7179-583-4.
- Teaching methods
- lectures, homework, working on semester papers, case studies, using e-learning methods
- Assessment methods
- 12x2 hours of lectures aiming at the hihg activity and involvement of the students . Semester paper and discussion thereon
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.