PrF:MVV1568K Law of Domain Names - Course Information
MVV1568K Law of Domain Names and Online MarketingFaculty of Law
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2/0. 4 credit(s). Type of Completion: k (colloquium).
- Mgr. Dominika Collett (lecturer)
Mgr. Bc. Michal Koščík, Ph.D. (lecturer)
doc. JUDr. Radim Polčák, Ph.D. (lecturer)
JUDr. Pavel Loutocký, Ph.D., BA (Hons) (seminar tutor)
JUDr. Matěj Myška, Ph.D. (assistant)
Mgr. Jan Svoboda (assistant)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. JUDr. Radim Polčák, Ph.D.
Institute of Law and Technology - Faculty of Law
Contact Person: Tereza Buchalová
Supplier department: Institute of Law and Technology - Faculty of Law
- Timetable of Seminar Groups
- MVV1568K/01: Mon 2. 3. to Fri 22. 5. Wed 16:00–17:40 208, M. Koščík
MVV1568K/02: No timetable has been entered into IS. R. Polčák
- It is recommended that participants have basic knowledge of intellectual property and private (civil) law.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 25 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 25/25, only registered: 7/25
- Fields of study the course is directly associated with
- Course objectives
- At the end of the course students should be able to: understand the basic concepts of trademark law; understand and apply both substantive and procedural provisions governing alternative dispute resolution; write a complaint against a cybersquatter under Uniform Domain-name Dispute Resolution Policy; wirte a response to a complaint under Uniform Domain-name Dispute Resolution Policy;
- Learning outcomes
- The student will be able to write and submit an electronic complaint or response in the framework of the UDRP. The student will be able to apply the provisions of administrative, civil, EU and international law to problems related to domains, internet marketing and internet governance.
- 2. Domain name, System of domain names, domain name market 3. Legal nature of domain names, Transfers of domain names, Abusive use of domain names Cybersquatting, 4. Domain names and IP - Introduction to IP in general 5. Domain names and IP - Cybersquatting and violation of intellectual property 6. Cybersquatting in light of unfair competition 7. Domain disputes 8. Alternative dispute resoultion in generic TLD 9. EU domain 10. ADR in .eu domain 11. Simulated UDRP arbitration 12. Simulated UDRP arbitration
- WIPO Uniform Domain-name Dispute Resolution Policy
- flow chart of a .eu proceeding
- .eu aůternatve dispute resolution rules
- Teaching methods
- lectures, moot court, discussion, e-learning
- Assessment methods
- Students will have to take part in a simulated UDRP procedure as complainants, defendants or panelists. They have to submit their complaint/response/decision (4-8 pages long) in writing and present their work in the class.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course is taught annually.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/law/spring2020/MVV1568K