PrF:MVV352K German Legal History - Course Information
MVV352K German Legal HistoryFaculty of Law
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2. 4 credit(s). Type of Completion: k (colloquium).
- doc. JUDr. Bc. Jaromír Tauchen, Ph.D., LL.M. Eur.Int. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. JUDr. Bc. Jaromír Tauchen, Ph.D., LL.M. Eur.Int.
Department of the History of the State and Law - Faculty of Law
Contact Person: Zuzana Suchá
Supplier department: Department of the History of the State and Law - Faculty of Law
- Timetable of Seminar Groups
- MVV352K/01: Mon 30. 9. to Fri 20. 12. Wed 9:35–11:05 259, J. Tauchen
MVV352K/02: No timetable has been entered into IS. J. Tauchen
- German language on Niveau C1
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 25 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 0/25, only registered: 0/25
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Course objectives
- At the end of the course students should be able to:;
understand to the development of law from the early Middle Ages up to today on the area of today’s Germany;
analyze the social changes in 20th century in Germany and they infulance on the German nazi and comunist law;
identify reception of Roman law on the beginning of Modern Times;
analyze causes of legal regulations and their cohesion with;
compare development of law in Czech and in neighboring countries;
- 1)Introduction, German legal history’s division into periods
- 2)Frankish Realm, Holy Roman Empire in the Middle Ages
- 3)From the state of the estates to the absolutist state. Germany in early Modern Times
- 4)Legal development in 19th Century
- 5)Times of second empire (1871-1918). Era of new codifications.
- 6)Legal development in Weimar Republic, Weimar constitutions
- 7)Third Reich – Unjust law (1933-1945)
- 8)Political judiciary in the Third Reich
- 9)Legal set up with of Nazi crimes in FRG and GDR, Nuremberg trials, Oswiecim trials
- 10)Legal development in FRG
- 11)Legal development in GDR
- 12)Reunification, Germany in 90’s
- KÖBLER, Gerhard. Deutsche Rechtsgeschichte :ein systematischer Grundriß. 4. Aufl. München: Verlag Franz Vahlen, 1989. xxi, 311 s. ISBN 3-8006-1387-5. info
- BROSZAT, Martin. Der Staat Hitlers : Grundlegung und Entwicklung seiner inneren Verfassung. 15. Aufl. München: Deutscher Taschenbuch Verlag, 2000. 474 s. ISBN 3423301724. info
- STOLLEIS, Michael. Geschichte des öffentlichen Rechts in Deutschland. München: Verlag C.H. Beck, 1999. 439 s. ISBN 3406370020. info
- Teaching methods
- Seminars, discussion, working out particular theme
- Assessment methods
- oral kolokvium
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- The course is taught annually.
- Teacher's information