PrF:MVD008Z Law Office, Practical Course - Course Information
MVD008Z Law Office, Practical CourseFaculty of Law
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2/0. 3 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- JUDr. Ing. Pavel Schreiber (seminar tutor)
- JUDr. Ing. Pavel Schreiber
Lifelong Learning Centre - Commercial Activities Centres - Faculty of Law
Contact Person: Bc. Jana Würzlerová
Supplier department: Lifelong Learning Centre - Commercial Activities Centres - Faculty of Law
- Timetable of Seminar Groups
- MVD008Z/01: Wed 1. 3. 16:40–18:10 024, 18:15–19:45 024, Wed 15. 3. 16:40–18:10 024, 18:15–19:45 024, Wed 29. 3. 16:40–18:10 024, 18:15–19:45 024, Wed 12. 4. 16:40–18:10 024, 18:15–19:45 024, Wed 26. 4. 16:40–18:10 024, 18:15–19:45 024, Wed 10. 5. 16:40–18:10 024, 18:15–19:45 024
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- MP604Z Commercial Law III - sem. && MP510Zk Civil Procedural Law II && ( MP410Zk Civil Law III || CM410Zk Civil Law III ) && MP506Z Commercial Law II && ( MP405Z Commercial Law I || CM405Z Commercial Law I )
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 20 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 2/20, only registered: 1/20
- Fields of study the course is directly associated with
- Law (programme PrF, M-PPV)
- Course objectives
- The subject is focused on basic practical skills in private lawyer´s office, typically preparation of contracts and kinds of actions. The practical skills can supplement student´s knowledge of legal theory and help them to choose their future specialization.
- The first contact with a case; the relationship with a client, necessary administrative acts and documents (lawyer´s file)
- The information for a client; lawyer´s responsibility
- The types and rules of payment
- Preparation of various kind of actions and contracts
- To gain experience about a trial, about the process, and how the court and clerks must function
- The types of ending a case, necessary administrative acts related to the end of a case (lawyer´s file)
- required literature
- občanský soudní řád, obchodní a občanský zákoník, judikatura NS a ÚS, jednací řád pro okresní a krajské soudy
- recommended literature
- BALÍK, Stanislav. Dějiny advokacie v Čechách, na Moravě a ve Slezsku. V Praze: Česká advokátní komora ve spolupráci s Národní galerií, 2009. 271 s. ISBN 9788070354278. info
- Teaching methods
- Incubator. Training will be based on a workshop in a virtual lawyer´s office with real cases (without a contact with a real client). Using the legal systems of acts. Homework
- Assessment methods
- A final project consist in creation of a complete lawyer´s file according to the task.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.