LF:AMOLc Intr.mol.biol.gen. - Course Information
AMOLc Introduction into molecular biology and genetics - practiceFaculty of Medicine
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2. 2 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- prof. Ing. Petr Dvořák, CSc. (lecturer)
prof. MUDr. Augustin Svoboda, CSc., dr. h.c. (lecturer)
Ing. Lívia Eiselleová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Linda Grillová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Hana Hříbková (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Žaneta Konečná, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Tereza Kubíčková (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Lenka Marková, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Lenka Micenková, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Gabriela Páchniková (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Lenka Paštěková, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Tereza Renzová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
RNDr. Kateřina Snopková (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Tereza Váňová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Kateřina Vopěnková, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Jana Růžičková (assistant)
Eva Skalová (assistant)
Mgr. Martina Vráblíková (assistant)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. Ing. Petr Dvořák, CSc.
Department of Biology - Theoretical Departments - Faculty of Medicine
Contact Person: Mgr. Kateřina Vopěnková, Ph.D.
Supplier department: Department of Biology - Theoretical Departments - Faculty of Medicine
- Timetable of Seminar Groups
- AMOLc/01: Tue 15:30–17:20 B07/205b
AMOLc/02: Tue 15:30–17:20 B07/205b
AMOLc/03: Wed 7:30–9:20 B07/205b
AMOLc/04: Wed 7:30–9:20 B07/205b
AMOLc/05: Wed 9:30–11:20 B07/205b
AMOLc/06: Wed 9:30–11:20 B07/205b
- (! VSBI0222c Biology II -pract. ) && (! ZLBI0222c Biology II-pract. ) && NOWANY ( VSBI0222c Biology II -pract. , ZLBI0222c Biology II-pract. )
Grammar school or similar school type with biology education
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Biomedicínská technika a bioinformatika (programme LF, C-CV)
- Course objectives
- After completion of the course student: operates light microscope; understands the basics of genetic toxicology, genetic engineering or the methods of karyotyping; tries the methods of elementary molecular screening for some of the hereditary, neoplastic or microbial diseases in practice and is able to interpret their results; understands the cell structure and function and the processes of preservation and expression of genetic information; knows the basics of genetics and is able to evaluate the risk of hereditary diseases in a patient on the basis of given information. Student is also able to apply this knowledge and skills in other subject and in practice.
- Methods of molecular biology and genetics. Principles of genetic engineering – DNA cloning. Diagnostics of pathogenic bakteria. Molecular analysis of human genotype. Prokaryotic cell. Eukaryotic cell. DNA structure and replication. Expression of genetic information. Cell cycle. Biological significance of meiosis – gametogenesis. Human karyotype and chromosomal aberations. Autosomal inheritance. Gonosomal inheritance. Genetic toxicology.
- required literature
- Aktuální protokoly k praktickým cvičením jsou dostupné pouze v elektronické podobě na stránkách informačního systému MU (www.is.muni.cz): Studijní materiály pod kódem AMOLc
- Teaching methods
- laboratory practice, class discussion
- Assessment methods
- Lessons are mandatory.
Students will bring their own writing implements, scissors and protocol. Download protocol for each practical class from the Study materials, print it and study it in advance. Lab shoes, lab coats and disposable gloves are not required.
Requirements for course completion: attendance in the practical classes (1 absence, excused or unexcused, is allowed), all protocols worked out (also for missed lessons) ad checked and signed by appropriate teachers, activity in the practical classes.
Substitution of practical classes: in case of illness, appointment at the doctor’s or foreign policy, student will arrange a substitution with another group on the same teaching week. To arrange a substitution, write an e-mail to the contact person of the subject in advance.
Essay: In case of student’s late arrival to the practice, poor activity at the practice or for second or any additional absence(s), student is required to write an essay in the length of 2 pages on a given topic.
In case of 3 absences, or more than 3 excused absences (i.e. confirmed by the Office for Studies and introduced into the Information System), it is addressed individually and credit is given only after the proof of the student's knowledge of the whole term topics (so-called Credit test based on knowledge of the whole semester (20 questions - 10 test questions, more answers can be correct, and 10 terms for written explanation), student need to reach at least 14 points out of 20). In case of 4 or more unexcused absences, credit is not awarded.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
Information on course enrolment limitations: Student nesmí mít absolvovaný ani současně zapsaný předmět Biologie II-cvičení na LF.