LF:AOBFc General Biophysics - Course Information
AOBFc general BiophysicsFaculty of Medicine
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/3/0. 3 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- prof. RNDr. Vojtěch Mornstein, CSc. (lecturer)
Mgr. Vladan Bernard, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Ing. Marek Dostál (seminar tutor)
MUDr. Lenka Forýtková, CSc. (seminar tutor)
MUDr. Tomáš Jůza (seminar tutor)
MUDr. Věra Maryšková (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Erik Staffa, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Daniel Vlk, CSc. (seminar tutor)
Marta Vágnerová (assistant)
- Guaranteed by
- Mgr. Daniel Vlk, CSc.
Department of Biophysics - Theoretical Departments - Faculty of Medicine
Contact Person: Marta Vágnerová
Supplier department: Department of Biophysics - Theoretical Departments - Faculty of Medicine
- Timetable of Seminar Groups
- AOBFc/01: Tue 16:00–18:30 N04014/314, Tue 16:00–18:30 N04009/309, Tue 16:00–18:30 N04013/313
AOBFc/02: Tue 16:00–18:30 N04014/314, Tue 16:00–18:30 N04013/313, Tue 16:00–18:30 N04009/309
AOBFc/03: Fri 7:00–9:30 N04009/309, Fri 7:00–9:30 N04014/314, Fri 7:00–9:30 N04013/313
AOBFc/04: Fri 7:00–9:30 N04014/314, Fri 7:00–9:30 N04009/309, Fri 7:00–9:30 N04013/313
- Basic knowledge of physics
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- Fields of study the course is directly associated with
- Biomedicínská technika a bioinformatika (programme LF, C-CV)
- Course objectives
- At the end of the course students should be able: understand and explain biophysical principles and laws; operate basic biophysical measuring devices; evaluate obtained data by the basic biophysical methods in light of a scientific, effective, safe and efficient attitude to their use; understand principles of the more complex therapeutical and diagnostical medical devices except of imaging methods; discriminate possible usage of the biophysical methods and medical devices in practice;
- Learning outcomes
- After the finishing of the course students (with orientation on biomedical devices) will:
understand and explain biophysical principles and laws;
operate basic biophysical measuring devices;
evaluate obtained data by the basic biophysical methods;
understand principles of the more complex therapeutical and diagnostical medical devices except of imaging methods;
discriminate possible usages of the biophysical methods and medical devices in practice;
- Practical exercises on biophysics
- 1. Introduction, regulations of practical exercises, laboratory safety rules, etc. An introduction to the theory of measurement.
- 2. Measurement of liquid viscosity.
- 3. Measurement of surface tension of liquids
- 4. Eosin absorption curve. Spectrophotometrical determination of concentration of eosin.
- 5. Refractometric determination of NaCl concentration. Polarimetry.
- 6. Audiometry. Measurement of the blood presure. Ergometry.
- 7. Visual acuity measurement. Measuring enviromental parameters (noise).
- 8. Haemolysis of erythrocyte suspension by therapeutic ultrasound.
- 9. Measuring ionising radiation absorption.
- 10. Electromagnetic radiation and its perception. Measuring the cooling effect of the environment. Catathermometry. Measuring the illuminance, Luxmeter.
- 11. Contact and contactless thermography. Thermocamera and thermovision. Physiotherapy.
- 12. Final test.
- recommended literature
- HRAZDIRA, Ivo, Vojtěch MORNSTEIN and Jiřina ŠKORPÍKOVÁ. Základy biofyziky a zdravotnické techniky. 1. vydání. Brno: Neptun, 2006. 312 stran. ISBN 8086850013. info
- HRAZDIRA, Ivo and Vojtěch MORNSTEIN. Lékařská biofyzika a přístrojová technika. Dotisk 1. vyd. Brno: NEPTUN, 2004. 381 s. ISBN 8090289614. info
- Teaching methods
- Practical exercises
- Assessment methods
- Basic requirement is the full atendance in the lessons. Theoretical knowledges of the principles used methods are continuously controled by oral examination. For all tasks students must elaborate comprehensive report, these are graded. Course is finished by the multiple choice test consisting usually 20 questions, evaluated by 20 points. For successfully mastered test student need at least 10 points.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
Information on the extent and intensity of the course: 45.
- Teacher's information
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/med/spring2019/AOBFc