LF:BAFA031c Pharmacology I - pract. - Course Information
BAFA031c Pharmacology I - practiceFaculty of Medicine
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/0/0. 1 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- doc. MUDr. Regina Demlová, Ph.D. (alternate examiner)
doc. PharmDr. Jan Juřica, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
MUDr. Jana Nováková, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
MUDr. Jana Pistovčáková, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
doc. PharmDr. Ondřej Zendulka, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
MUDr. Alena Máchalová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
doc. PharmDr. Jana Rudá, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Barbora Říhová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
MUDr. Mgr. Karel Šlais, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Petra Amchová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
MVDr. Zuzana Babinská, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Jana Kubátová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Gabriela Přibyl Dovrtělová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Michaela Sabová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Barbora Říhová, Ph.D. (alternate examiner)
prof. MUDr. Alexandra Šulcová, CSc. (alternate examiner)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. MUDr. Regina Demlová, Ph.D.
Department of Pharmacology - Theoretical Departments - Faculty of Medicine
Contact Person: Renata Bláblová
Supplier department: Department of Pharmacology - Theoretical Departments - Faculty of Medicine
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- BABC011p Biochemistry and Haematol.-lec
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Midwife (programme LF, B-PA)
- Course objectives
- On completion of the course students will distinguish among drug classes included in the sylables according to their main therapeutic indications with an attention paid to common drug-drug interactions. Course-leavers are able to use appropriate "pharmacological thinking" for making a choice of drug, dosing regimen, route and techniques of administration, and make calculations of basic pharmakokinetic parameters and data needed for individual preparation of liquid drug dosage forms.
- 1. SEMINAR: Pharmacotherapy of hypertension, angina pectoris, heart failure, antiarrhythmic drugs. Therapy of hyperlipidaemia. Diuretics.
- Drugs influencing haemostasis and thrombosis
- Pharmacotherapy of diabetes mellitus.
- 2. SEMINAR: Pharmacology of gastrointestinal system - treatment of peptic ulcer disease, antiemetic drugs, antidiarrhoeal agents, laxatives, spasmolytics, prokinetics. Antibiotics, chemotherapeutics, antiviral agents.
- Teaching methods
- According to schedule given students are expected to attend lectures and practicals provided by pharmacology teacher.
- Assessment methods
- During the studying the students have to prove active knowledge of pharmacology acquired. The students have to pass the exam: final written multiple-choice test. In the Final Exam students are asked to answers to multiple-choice questions. Only 1 correct answer is possible to each question. The test contains 30 questions generated randomly for each single student. One point is granted for each correctly answered question. 0.5 point will be distracted for an incorrect answer to the multiple-choice question. The summary of the score obtained is evaluated as follows: A = 91-100% out of the maximum score; B = 81-90%; C = 71-80%; D = 61-70%; E = 51-60%; F = failed with the score below 50% of the maximum score.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course is taught annually.
The course is taught: in blocks.
Information on the extent and intensity of the course: celkem 8.