LF:BDKP021x Clinical Medicine - practice - Course Information
BDKP021x Clinical Medicine - Professional PracticeFaculty of Medicine
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/0.1/0. 1 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- MUDr. Katarína Bielaková, Ph.D. (lecturer)
prof. MUDr. Hana Matějovská Kubešová, CSc. (lecturer)
MUDr. Adam Koudelka (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. MUDr. Hana Matějovská Kubešová, CSc.
Department of Internal Medicine, Geriatrics and Practical Medicine - Institutions shared with the Faculty Hospital Brno - Adult Age Medicine - Faculty of Medicine
Contact Person: Hana Cahová
Supplier department: Department of Internal Medicine, Geriatrics and Practical Medicine - Institutions shared with the Faculty Hospital Brno - Adult Age Medicine - Faculty of Medicine
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- BDLT011 Medical Latin -p
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- Fields of study the course is directly associated with
- General Nurse (programme LF, B-OS) (2)
- Course objectives
- Students will have the basic overview of diagnostic, therapeutic and preventive methods in internal and surgical specialities – history, physical examination, laboratory methods, imagination methods, most frequently used invasive procedures, their instrumentarium and care for patients during and after these procedures, basic surgical instruments and procedures, urgent situations, basic information about nutrition of patients and basics of psychological approach to the patient.
- 2. Complex physical examination.
- 3. Examinatination of head and neck
- 4. Examination of the chest.
- 5. Asucultaion of the heart
- 6. Examination of the abdomen.
- 7. Examination of the locomotion system, basic neurological and endocrinological examination.
- 8. Hamatological laboratoty tests.
- 9. Biochemistry methods.
- 10. Catheters, cannules, drainages.
- 11. Local and general anesthesia.
- 12. Punction procedures.
- 13. Injuries, emergencies.
- 14. Basics of patients nutrition, basics of psychological approach to the patient.
- CHROBÁK, Ladislav. Propedeutika vnitřního lékařství. Illustrated by Josef Bavor. Nové, zcela přeprac. vyd. Praha: Grada, 2007. 246 s. ISBN 9788024713090. info
- CHROBÁK, Ladislav, Thomas GRAL and Jiří KVASNIČKA. Physical examination in internal medicine. 1. vyd. Praha: Grada, 2003. 239 s. ISBN 9788024706177. info
- Teaching methods
- practical skills training
- Assessment methods
- practical realisation of skills - credit
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course is taught annually.
The course is taught: in blocks.
Information on the extent and intensity of the course: 2.