LF:BDOC0422 Nursing in Surgery II - Course Information
BDOC0422 Nursing in Surgery IIFaculty of Medicine
- Extent and Intensity
- 1.3/0/0. 3 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- MUDr. Tomáš Grolich, Ph.D. (lecturer)
prof. MUDr. Zdeněk Kala, CSc. (lecturer)
MUDr. Mgr. Petr Kysela, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Hana Baráčková (assistant)
Eva Kysilková (assistant)
- Guaranteed by
- MUDr. Vladimír Procházka, Ph.D.
Department of Surgery - Institutions shared with the Faculty Hospital Brno - Adult Age Medicine - Faculty of Medicine
Contact Person: MUDr. Tomáš Svoboda
Supplier department: Department of Surgery - Institutions shared with the Faculty Hospital Brno - Adult Age Medicine - Faculty of Medicine
- Fri 28. 2. 11:40–13:20 N03009/209, Fri 15. 5. 11:40–13:20 N03009/209, Mon 1. 6. 14:20–16:00 A11/327, Tue 2. 6. 12:30–14:10 A11/327, Wed 3. 6. 12:30–14:10 A11/327, Thu 4. 6. 14:20–16:00 A11/327, Fri 5. 6. 10:40–12:20 A11/327
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- BDOC0321p Nursing in Surgery I
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- General Nurse (programme LF, B-OS)
- Course objectives
- The aim of the subject of Bachelor studies is to gain elementary knowledge in surgery. Basic pillar of the subject , and important aspect for understanding of the surgical patients needs is the identification of the problems of the surgical patients, familiarity of its causes, signs, diagnostic and therapeutic procedures in selected, most commonly presented diseases, emergencies, shock conditions and trauma.
The content of the studies will be targeted to basic and specific nurcing care in surgical patients (examination mathods, treatment procedures, pre-operative and post-operative care, education, special care of the drains, management of acute and chronic wounds and stomies). The curriculum is conceived as deepening and expanding in relation to Bachelor studies contens.
Upon the completion of the course student will be able to identify the signs of particular diseases and in frames of his specialisation to therapeuticly intervene and potentially in acute conditions to offer qualified first aid.
Part of the tuition are lectures, seminars, praticals – the education takes part in the special study-room of the surgical department, and is followed by practice at the wards.
- Abdominal emergencies – division
- Abdominal emergencies – inflammatory origin and obstructive conditions
- Trauma of the locomotional apparatus – basic nomenclature
- Fracture classification, the principals of fractures treatment
- Haemothorax, pneumothorax, injury to the chest
- Trauma of the skeleton of upper and lower extremity
- Urologic tumours, inflammatory urologic diseases, urolithiasis
- Burns – nomenclature, treatment principals
- Orthopedy – subject definition, prosthesis
- Craniocerebral injury
- Pre-operative care
- Anesthesia – modalities, nomenclature
- General anesthesia
- Pain control problems
- Wound types – nomenclature, the methods of heeling
- Cardiac surgery
- Vascular surgery
- Thyroid gland
- The breast gland diseases
- Surgery of the lungs and mediastinum
- Surgical diseases of the colon and rectum
- Gastroduodenal Surgery, ulcer disease
- Diseases of the panreas and spleen
- Diseases of the bile dicts and gall bladder
- Liver Surgery
- Minimally invasive surgery – laparoscopy, thoracoscopy
- VODIČKA, Josef. Speciální chirurgie. 2., dopl. vyd. Praha: Karolinum, 2014. 317 s. ISBN 9788024625126. info
- ZEMAN, Miroslav and Zdeněk KRŠKA. Chirurgická propedeutika. Třetí, přepracované a do. Praha: Grada Publishing, 2011. 512 stran. ISBN 9788024737706. info
- VALENTA, Jiří. Základy chirurgie. 2., dopl. a přeprac. vyd. Praha: Galén, 2007. 277 s. ISBN 9788024613444. info
- Teaching methods
- Lectures, class discussion, group projects, presentations by professionals in the sectors.
- Assessment methods
- Giving the course-unit credit is conditioned by full atendance in the lessons. Oral exam.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course is taught annually.
Information on the extent and intensity of the course: 20.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/med/spring2020/BDOC0422