LF:BFZM051p Radiodiagnostics, Imag. Meth. - Course Information
BFZM051p Radiodiagnostics, Imaging MethodsFaculty of Medicine
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/0/0. 2 credit(s). Type of Completion: k (colloquium).
- MUDr. Vladimír Červeňák (lecturer)
doc. MUDr. Jiří Vaníček, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Mgr. Leona Dunklerová (assistant)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. MUDr. Jiří Vaníček, Ph.D.
Department of Medical Imaging - Institutions shared with St. Anne's Faculty Hospital - Faculty of Medicine
Contact Person: Mgr. Leona Dunklerová
Supplier department: Department of Medical Imaging - Institutions shared with St. Anne's Faculty Hospital - Faculty of Medicine
- Tue 7:15–8:55 KOM S116
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- BFZD0431p Diag. and Ther.of Loc.Sys.I- l && BFTR041p Traumatology && BFAP0222p Anatomy Locom.System II-l
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- Fields of study the course is directly associated with
- Course objectives
- Nuclear medicine: The concept of this course is introduction into the study of nuclear medicine. At the end of this course students know basic principles of examination and should be able to select the diagnostic and therapeutic methods of nuclear medicine.Radiodiagnostic: The concept of this course is introduction into the study of radiology and imaging methods, including CT, MR, X-ray, angiography and ultrasound. Students know basic principle of examination and methods of CT, MR, UZ and X-ray, including technique, anatomy, indications, contraindications and risk factors.
- Nuclear Medicine: Radionuclides, interaction between ionizing radiation and matter, radiation detection, imaging techniques, SPECT, PET, fundamentals of radiopharmacology, biological effects of ionizing radiation, radiation safety. Methods of nuclear medicine used in urology, skeletal and bone marrow scintigraphy, nuclear cardiology. Scintigraphy of CNS, lungs, thyroid gland, gastrointestinal tract, liver and spleen. Examination in hematology, diagnostics of inflammations and tumors. With each examination procedure, the radiopharmaceuticals used, the methods, evaluation, interpretation of the findings, and indications are explained. Principles of radioimmunologic diagnostic procedures. Relations between the methods of nuclear medicine and other imaging methods, role of radionuclide methods in diagnostic algorithms. Fundamentals of therapy of diseases using radiopharmaceuticals.Radiodiagnostic: CT, MR, X-ray, ultrasound, angiography, interventional radiology, indications, contraindication, risk factors, limits, technical aspect, anatomy, interpretations of the findings. Methods of diagnostic imaging used in different subspecializations and areas like pediatric radiology, neuroradiology, interventional radiology, abdominal imaging, imaging in oncology, uroradiology, woman imaging and cardiac imaging are discussed. With each examination
- Teaching methods
- Seminars and practical examination is basic of intensive course.
- Assessment methods
- theoretical and practical exam -test
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course can also be completed outside the examination period.