LF:BHOH0251c Oral hygiene I - practice - Course Information
BHOH0251c Oral hygiene I - practiceFaculty of Medicine
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/4/0. 4 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- Mgr. Bc. Petra Bielczyková (seminar tutor)
Bc. Beatrice Bogarová (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Bc. Petra Borkovcová (seminar tutor)
Dana Coufalová (seminar tutor), doc. MUDr. Lenka Roubalíková, Ph.D. (deputy)
doc. MUDr. Lenka Roubalíková, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. MUDr. Lenka Roubalíková, Ph.D.
Department of Dental Care - Departments of Non-medical Branches - Faculty of Medicine
Supplier department: Department of Dental Care - Departments of Non-medical Branches - Faculty of Medicine
- Tue 7:20–11:30 204
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- BHBB011s Cell biol. and gen. – sem.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Dental Hygienist (programme LF, B-SZ) (2)
- Course objectives
- At the end of this course students will be able to explain the importance of oral hyghiene, motivate patients, visualize dental plaque and preform basic techniques of tooth brushing.
- Practical course 1. Motivation 2. Gingival bleeding as an important marker of periodontal diiseases and athiological factor. DMFT index 3. Plaque vizualization 4. Tooth brushes 5. Techniques of tooth brushing 6. Interfdental hygiene 7. Tooth pastes 8. Chemical agents for biofilm removal 9. Irrigators 10 Cleaning of the tongue
- Teaching methods
- Practical training
- Assessment methods
- Discussio, n100% participation at the stage.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- The course is taught annually.
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses