LF:BHOH0453c Oral Hygiene III - practice - Course Information
BHOH0453c Oral Hygiene III - practiceFaculty of Medicine
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/5/0. 3 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- Mgr. Bc. Petra Bielczyková (seminar tutor)
Bc. Beatrice Bogarová (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Bc. Petra Borkovcová (seminar tutor)
Dana Coufalová (seminar tutor)
doc. MUDr. Lenka Roubalíková, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. MUDr. Lenka Roubalíková, Ph.D.
Department of Dental Care - Departments of Non-medical Branches - Faculty of Medicine
Supplier department: Department of Dental Care - Departments of Non-medical Branches - Faculty of Medicine
- Thu 13:00–17:10 204, except Thu 23. 3., except Thu 13. 4., except Thu 11. 5.
- BHOH0352p Oral Hygiene II - lecture && BHOH0352c Oral Hygiene II - practice
Succesfull finifhing of the topics BHOH0352p a BHOH0352c
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Dental Hygienist (programme LF, B-SZ)
- Course objectives
- At the end of this course students will be able to explain the importance of oral hyghiene, motivate patients, visualize dental plaque and preform basic techniques of tooth brushing.In addition students will be able work with hand and ultrasound scalers.
- Practical course - repetition 1. Motivation 2. Gingival bleeding as an important marker of periodontal diiseases and athiological factor. DMFT index 3. Plaque vizualization 4. Tooth brushes 5. Techniques of tooth brushing 6. Interfdental hygiene 7. Tooth pastes 8. Chemical agents for biofilm removal 9. Irrigators 10. Cleaning of the tongue New practical skills: 1. Scalers - konds, handling, care 2. Ultrasound
- Teaching methods
- Practical training, stage
- Assessment methods
- Credit - discussion, 100% participation at the stages.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course is taught annually.
Information on the extent and intensity of the course: 0.
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses