LF:BLKBC0211c Biochemistry -p. - Course Information
BLKBC0211c Biochemistry - practiceFaculty of Medicine
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/0/0. 2 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- Ing. Martina Čarnecká, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
doc. RNDr. Jiří Dostál, CSc. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Jana Gregorová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
PharmDr. Katarína Kostolanská (seminar tutor)
MUDr. Michaela Králíková, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Lucie Novotná (seminar tutor)
RNDr. Hana Paulová, CSc. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Ondřej Peš, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Anna Pleskačová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Roman Sándor (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Jiří Slanina, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Jindra Smutná, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
prof. RNDr. Eva Táborská, CSc. (seminar tutor)
doc. RNDr. Josef Tomandl, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Marie Tomandlová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Lenka Nerudová (assistant)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. RNDr. Eva Táborská, CSc.
Department of Biochemistry - Theoretical Departments - Faculty of Medicine
Contact Person: Lenka Nerudová
Supplier department: Department of Biochemistry - Theoretical Departments - Faculty of Medicine
- Fri 16. 2. 15:40–17:20 B09/324, Fri 23. 2. 16:00–17:40 B09/324, Fri 23. 3. 15:50–17:30 B09/324, Fri 6. 4. 16:00–18:30 B09/324, Fri 25. 5. 16:00–18:30 B09/324, Wed 6. 6. 12:30–14:10 B11/228, Fri 8. 6. 8:50–10:30 B11/228
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- BLKLC011s Med.Chem. seminar
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Laboratory Assistant (programme LF, B-SZ)
- Course objectives
- Subject is complementary to subject BLBC021p. .
- Learning outcomes
- At the end of the course student understands metodical principles and procedures used in clinical biochemistry for determination analytes and enzyme activities in various body fluids.Knows the principles of work with biological material. Is able to suggest and organize laboratory experiment. Interprets the result of laboratory test
- Handling biological material. Anticoagulants and their use for blood plasma separation. Communicating results of tests in clinical biochemistry: request forms and laboratory reports.
- Analysis of the absorption spectra of haemoglobin, oxyhaemoglobin and carbonylhaemoglobin. Determination of haemoglobin in blood. Urine test for haemoglobin.
- Determination of total bilirubin in serum. Estimation of bilirubin, urobilinogens and urobilins in urine.
- Determination of total serum proteins by biuret reagent, determination of albumin. Precipitation tests for urine proteins. Detection of proteinuria by diagnostic strips.
- Determination of alanine aminotransferase activity in serum. Determination of alkaline phosphatase activity in serum.
- The enzymatic assay of glucose in blood and urine. Oral glucose tolerance test. Estimation of glycaemia by diagnostic strips. Detection of glucose in urine.
- Determination of total cholesterol in serum. Principles of HDL-cholesterol determination and calculation of the LDL-cholesterol concentration. Chromatography of serum lipids.
- The solubility of uric acid. Murexide test for uric acid. Detection of uric acid in renal calculi. Determination of uric acid in serum and urine.
- Determination of urea in serum and urine. Approximate assessment of the nitrogen balance.
- Appearance and volume of urine, specific gravity and osmolality of urine. Urine pH measurement. Determination of creatinine in blood, serum and urine. Creatinine clearance calculation, calculation of tubular reabsorption and fractional excretion of water.
- Tests in routine urinalysis employing chemical principle: determination of pathological components, multipurpose diagnostic strips in urinalysis.
- Simplified chemical analysis of renal calculi. Practice in urinalysis, seeking for pathological constituents in urine.
- Determination of gastric acid output. Tubeless gastric analyses. Detection of lactic acid.
- Imunochemical assays.
- required literature
- Podklady ke cvičení dostupné v Informačním systému
- Teaching methods
- Practical work in laboratory.
- Assessment methods
- Full attendance in all lessons (making up all missing and justified lessons), completion of all lab reports and handing them to the teacher till the given data. Obtaining of course-unit credits of practices is the pre-requisite for registration to the examination of Biochemistry I.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course is taught annually.
General note: Všechny formy kontaktní výuky předmětu vyjma přednášek jsou povinné.
Information on the extent and intensity of the course: 15 hodin/semestr.