LF:BPBC011c Biochemistry and Hematol.-pr. - Course Information
BPBC011c Biochemistry and Hematology - practiceFaculty of Medicine
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/1/0. 1 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- doc. RNDr. Jiří Dostál, CSc. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Jana Gregorová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
MUDr. Michaela Králíková, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
RNDr. Hana Paulová, CSc. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Ondřej Peš, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Jiří Slanina, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
prof. RNDr. Eva Táborská, CSc. (seminar tutor)
doc. RNDr. Josef Tomandl, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Marie Tomandlová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
MUDr. Miroslava Hlaváčová, Ph.D. (assistant)
Lenka Nerudová (assistant)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. RNDr. Eva Táborská, CSc.
Department of Biochemistry - Theoretical Departments - Faculty of Medicine
Supplier department: Department of Biochemistry - Theoretical Departments - Faculty of Medicine
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Midwife (programme LF, B-PA) (2)
- Course objectives
- The course is suplementary to the course Biochemistry -lecture BPBC011p. Some of the topics covered in the lecture course will be discussed at a greater detail.
- Learning outcomes
- Students are able to calculate and propose preparation of the solution, understand the meaning of basic concepts characterizing the composition and properties of body fluids (electrolytes, osmolality, pH etc.)
He is able to explain the principles of digestion and metabolism of essential nutrients.
Can describe the principles of biological material sampling and processing.
Understands the importance of basic biochemical examinations and the principles of their interpretation, including the examination of biochemical examinations of newborn and amniotic fluid. He is acquainted with the basic principles of urine collection and is able to carry out an orientation examination of urine using diagnostic bands.
Can apply and interpret tests to determine ovulation and pregnancy.
He is familiar with the use of glucometers.
Understands the principle of oral glucose tolerance test. Can describe basic physical and chemical properties of blood, group system AB0, Rh system, their clinical significance.
- Basic terms and calculations in chemistry. Expression of concentration. Solutions of electrolytes.Osmotic pressure, osmolality. Test 1 (basic calculations and terms) Calculations of pH, buffers,buffer systems in organism. Acid-base equilibrium in the body, basic parameters, methods of measurement, interpretation of results. Test 2 (calculation of pH,dacid-base equilibrium) Biological material, collection and handling. Basic biochemical tests, their significance, factors affecting the results. Clinical biochemistry of newborn, analysis of amniotic fluid. Analysis of urine. principles of urine collection. Analysis of urine using diagnostic strips. Ovulation and pregnancy prediction tests. Metabolism of glucose and its examination. determination of glucosemia by manual glucometers.Oral glucose tolerance test.detection of glucose in urine. Metabolism overview – nutrition, digestion and fundamental metabolic pathways of saccharides, lipids and proteins. Introduction to hematology, elemental physical and chemical properties of blood. Imunohematology, group system AB0, Rh system, their clinical significance. Hemolytická nemoc novorozenců
- required literature
- Podklady pro výuku v IS.
- Teaching methods
- Course is based on group discusion of students to the given topics and simple lab experiments.Supporting materials are available in section "Study materials" of the course.
- Assessment methods
- Condition for giving course-unit credit is full attendance in lessons and obtaining minimally 50% points from all tests.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course is taught annually.
The course is taught: every week.
Information on the extent and intensity of the course: 15.