LF:BPLF011p Medical Biophysics - lecture - Course Information
BPLF011p Medical Biophysics - lectureFaculty of Medicine
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/0/0. 2 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- Mgr. Vladan Bernard, Ph.D. (lecturer)
prof. RNDr. Vojtěch Mornstein, CSc. (lecturer)
Mgr. Erik Staffa, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Marta Vágnerová (assistant)
doc. RNDr. Jiřina Škorpíková, CSc. (alternate examiner)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. RNDr. Jiřina Škorpíková, CSc.
Department of Biophysics - Theoretical Departments - Faculty of Medicine
Contact Person: doc. RNDr. Jiřina Škorpíková, CSc.
Supplier department: Department of Biophysics - Theoretical Departments - Faculty of Medicine
- Tue 15:20–17:00 N03009/209
- Commen level of high school knowledge in physics
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- Fields of study the course is directly associated with
- Midwife (programme LF, B-PA) (2)
- Course objectives
- At the of the course students should be able: understand and explain biophysical principlesand laws;master biophysical methods in of the main devices;evaluate obtained data by the basic biophysical methods in light of a effective,safe and efficient attitude to their use; understand principles of the more comples terapeutical and diagnostical nedical devices;master basic principles of the so-called physiological biophysics and molecular biophysics.The student has to obtain not only the necessary scientific knowledge but also the future more general additional nurse education.
- Learning outcomes
- After finishing the course the students will - understand basic principles of the devices used in medicine, including possible risks (mechanical, electromagnetic, light and connected with inonising radiation), be able of safe and efficient attitude to their use, understand principles of the so-called physiological biophysics (blood circulation, respiration), and biophysics of sensory organs.
- Introduction into medical biophysics.Physical principles of medical technology.
- Introduction. Biophysical view on structure of matter. Biological effects of ionising radiation.
- Introduction into molecular biophysics.
- Thermodynamic processes in living organisms.
- Biophysics of biomembranes. Bioelectric phenomena.
- Biophysics of cardiovascular and respiratory system.
- Biophysical function of sensory receptors. Biophysics of hearing and vision.
- Effects of mechanical forces, acoustic fields, electromagnetic fields and non-ionising radiation on the living organisms.
- Biosignals and their processing.Conventional X-ray imaging methods. Modern tomographic methods (CT, MRI).
- Radionuclide diagnostics.Methods and instruments for ionising radiation therapy.
- Measurement and registration of temperature, mechanical quantities.
- Optical diagnostic instruments.Electrodiagnostic methods.
- Ultrasound imaging. Ultrasound Doppler and duplex methods.
- Methods and instruments used in physiotherapy and surgery. P> Artificial body organs.
- Free theme.
- MORNSTEIN, Vojtěch, Vladan BERNARD, Marek DOSTÁL, Ivo HRAZDIRA, Erik STAFFA, Jaromír ŠRÁMEK and Daniel VLK. Lékařská fyzika a biofyzika (Medical Phasics and Biophysics). 1. vydání. Brno: Masarykova univerzita, 2018. 339 pp. ISBN 978-80-210-8984-6. info
- HRAZDIRA, Ivo, Vojtěch MORNSTEIN and Jiřina ŠKORPÍKOVÁ. Základy biofyziky a zdravotnické techniky. 1. vydání. Brno: Neptun, 2006. 312 stran. ISBN 8086850013. info
- NAVRÁTIL, Leoš and Jozef ROSINA. Medicínská biofyzika. 1. vyd. Praha: Grada, 2005. 524 s. ISBN 9788024711522. info
- Teaching methods
- Lectures - www.med,muni.cz/biofyz
- Assessment methods
- The practical exercises in Biophysics are compulsory, missing practicals have to be substituted. The exam has theoretical character but can be done only with the credits gained for practicals. The oral part consists of 3 questions as a rule. The examined student has to be able explain the problems and characterise their possible clinical importance.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Information on completion of the course: Předmět je ukončen ústní zkouškou, kde student si vylosuje 3 otázky.
The course can also be completed outside the examination period.
The course is taught annually.
Information on the extent and intensity of the course: 28.
- Teacher's information
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/med/autumn2019/BPLF011p