LF:BPPO0221p Obstetrics I - lecture - Course Information
BPPO0221p Obstetrics I - lectureFaculty of Medicine
- Extent and Intensity
- 1.7/0/0. 2 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- doc. MUDr. Igor Crha, CSc. (lecturer)
MUDr. Radan Doubek (lecturer)
PhDr. Radka Wilhelmová, Ph.D. (assistant)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. MUDr. Igor Crha, CSc.
Department of Nursing and Midwifery - Departments of Non-medical Branches - Faculty of Medicine
Supplier department: Department of Nursing and Midwifery - Departments of Non-medical Branches - Faculty of Medicine
- Mon 17. 2. 14:00–16:05 KOM 348A, Mon 24. 2. 14:00–16:05 KOM 348A, Mon 2. 3. 14:00–16:05 KOM 348A, Mon 9. 3. 14:00–16:05 KOM 348A, Mon 16. 3. 14:00–16:05 KOM 348A, Mon 23. 3. 14:00–16:05 KOM 348A, Mon 30. 3. 14:00–16:05 KOM 348A, Mon 6. 4. 14:00–16:05 KOM 348A, Mon 20. 4. 14:00–16:05 KOM 348A
- Completion of the pre-requisits
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Midwife (programme LF, B-PA) (2)
- Course objectives
- Main objective can be summarized as theoretical and practical kwnoledge in obstetrics. It presents the basic subject for the future professional activities of midwives. The target of the lectures is the deep knowledge of the students of the stages of pregancy, delivery and possible pathologies. In different diagnosis the prevention, diagnosis procedures and therapy are treated.
- Learning outcomes
- The student will be able to: - explain the stages of pregnancy - describe the health care during pregnancy - define the rules of the prenatal diagnostics - suggest the education of the pregnant woman
- The program aims to give the students a broad spectrum of theoretical and practical kwnoledge in obstetrics.It presents the basic subject for the future professional activities of midwives. The target of the lectures is the deep knowledge of the students of the stages of labour and delivery.
- The main topics are:
- physiology ant pathology of pelvis and females genital organs, anatomy of the female genital organs, preeclampsia, elcampsia, igh risk pregnancy, analgesia, cesarian section, ultrasound in obstetrics, hypoxia, cardiotocography.
- recommended literature
- ROZTOČIL, Aleš. Moderní porodnictví. 2., přepracované a doplně. Praha: Grada Publishing, 2017. xxxiii, 62. ISBN 9788024757537. info
- not specified
- Dewhurst's textbook of obstetrics & gynaecology. Edited by John Dewhurst - D. Keith Edmonds. 8th ed. Chichester, U.K.: Wiley-Blackwell, 2012. xv, 852 p. ISBN 9781119979418. info
- Teaching methods
- Obstetrics leactures according syllabus with video presentions, topics are consulted with students. Active work with documentation. Teaching schedule includes theoretical session, teaching and learning with students formative assessment of clinical case.
- Assessment methods
- Lectures, class diskussion, ICT supprot, credit.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course can also be completed outside the examination period.
The course is taught annually.
Information on the extent and intensity of the course: 25.
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/med/spring2020/BPPO0221p