LF:BPPR021p Clinical Propedeutica - lect. - Course Information
BPPR021p Clinical Propedeutica - lectureFaculty of Medicine
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/0/0. 2 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- MUDr. Tereza Gregorová (lecturer)
prof. MUDr. Hana Matějovská Kubešová, CSc. (lecturer)
MUDr. Martina Nevrtalová (lecturer)
MUDr. Hana Šimáčková (lecturer)
MUDr. Petra Vacková (lecturer)
MUDr. Ondřej Výška (lecturer)
PhDr. Radka Wilhelmová, Ph.D. (assistant)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. MUDr. Hana Matějovská Kubešová, CSc.
Department of Internal Medicine, Geriatrics and Practical Medicine - Institutions shared with the Faculty Hospital Brno - Adult Age Medicine - Faculty of Medicine
Contact Person: Alena Stodůlková
Supplier department: Department of Internal Medicine, Geriatrics and Practical Medicine - Institutions shared with the Faculty Hospital Brno - Adult Age Medicine - Faculty of Medicine
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- Fields of study the course is directly associated with
- Midwife (programme LF, B-PA) (2)
- Course objectives
- Students will have the basic overview of diagnostic, therapeutic and preventive methods in internal and surgical specialities – history, physical examination, laboratory methods, imagination methods, most frequently used invasive procedures, their instrumentarium and care for patients during and after these procedures, basic surgical instruments and procedures, urgent situations, basic information about nutrition of patients and basics of psychological approach to the patient.
- Learning outcomes
- Student knows basic skills in history taking.
Student is able to examinate the patient physically.
Student has an overview of frequently used laboratory methods.
Student is able to describe main imagination methods.
Student is familiar with most frequently used invasive procedures, their instrumentarium and care for patients during and after these procedures.
Student is oriented in basic surgical procedures in urgent situations.
Student has basic information about nutrition of patients, is able to educate patients and his relatives in types fo diet.
Student knows basics of psychological approach to the patient.
- 1. History - family, personal, occupational, social, pharmaological, vital functions, current disease 2. Complex physical examination - aspection, percussion, palpation, auscultation, per rectum, vigility, body construction, skin, temperature, heart rate, respiration. 3. Examinatination of head and neck, repiratory tractus - auscultation, pulmonary function, sputum examination, chest X ray, bronchoalveolar lavage, CT, HRCT 4. Examination of the cardiovascular system - asucultaion of the heart, ECG, invasive heart examination, heart function, examination of arteries, veins. 5. Examination of the abdomen and digestive system - sonography, endoscopic methods, Xrays, punction techniques, nuclear medicine methods, function of digestive system.. 6. Examination of kidneys - physical mehods, laboratory mehods,sonography, Xrays, CT, nucelar medicine methods, kidney fuction. 7. Examination of the locomotion system - ancles, back bone, muscles, basic neurological and endocrinological examination. 8. Haematological laboratoty tests - blood count, moprhology, cogulation, imunohaematology, blood transfusion. 9. Biochemistry methods - minerals, glycaemia, blood proteins, liver tests, blood lipids, acidobasis, functional examinations. 10. Catheters, cannules, drainages, operation wound, complications of healing. 11. Local and general anesthesia, preoperative preparation, response of the organism to injury or operation, postoperative complications. 12. Punction procedures. 13. Injuries, emergencies - fractures, head injuries, intracranial bleeding, injury of the back bone, of the abdomen. 14. Basics of patient nutrition, basics of psychological approach to the patient.
- recommended literature
- HOLUBEC, Luboš. Klinická propedeutika v klinických a interních oborech. 1. vydání. Plzeň: Západočeská univerzita v Plzni, 2017. 62 stran. ISBN 9788026106715. info
- DOBIÁŠ, Viliam. Klinická propedeutika v urgentní medicíně. 1. vyd. Praha: Grada, 2013. 208 s. ISBN 9788024745718. info
- not specified
- CHROBÁK, Ladislav. Propedeutika vnitřního lékařství. Vyd. 1. Praha: Grada, 2003. 195 s. ISBN 8024706091. info
- Teaching methods
- lectures, discussions, working groups, simulator training
- Assessment methods
- oral examination
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course is taught annually.
The course is taught: every week.
Information on the extent and intensity of the course: 30.