LF:BPVZ031c Research in midwifery - pract. - Course Information
BPVZ031c Research in midwifery - practiceFaculty of Medicine
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/0.7/0. 1 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- Mgr. Lenka Veselá (seminar tutor)
PhDr. Radka Wilhelmová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- PhDr. Radka Wilhelmová, Ph.D.
Department of Nursing and Midwifery - Departments of Non-medical Branches - Faculty of Medicine
Contact Person: Mgr. Liana Greiffeneggová
Supplier department: Department of Nursing and Midwifery - Departments of Non-medical Branches - Faculty of Medicine
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Midwife (programme LF, B-PA)
- Course objectives
- Learning outcomes of the course unit The aim of the course is to acquire knowledge of fundamentals of scientific research and fundamentals of statistical data processing so as to create a general basis for processing and realization of the topic of midwifery research in the preparation of the bachelor thesis. Students will get an idea about the basics of research and scientific work, they will acquire basic concepts of probability and statistics and basic skills of statistical data processing. He / she will be able to perform basic research and process the obtained data and correctly interpret the acquired knowledge. All the acquired knowledge, including the basics of typography, is then practically applied to the preparation of the bachelor thesis.
- Learning outcomes
- Upon graduation, the student should: - know the basic forms of research, their use and benefits; - define basic research tools (questionnaire, record sheet, interview); - identify appropriate tools for basic data analysis; - list the risks of misinterpretation of the data obtained; After graduation, the student should in the field of psychomotor: - to formulate the research problem, the research question and the assumptions of the findings; - apply appropriate decision-making processes in the selection of the appropriate form of research and research instrument according to the identified problem; - interpret the basic overview of the data; - constructively critically evaluate the scientific text presented; Upon graduation, the student should have affective: - understand the principles of an ethical approach in research; - to appreciate the importance of research in midwifery.
- LSeminars: Research work preparation - research, public databases, problem formulation and research questions;
- Preparation of research work schedule, setting goals;
- Construction of data collection tool (form: questionnaire, interview);
- Interpretation and presentation of data;
- KUTNOHORSKÁ, Jana. Výzkum v ošetřovatelství. 1. vyd. Praha: Grada, 2009. 175 s. ISBN 9788024727134. info
- BÁRTLOVÁ, Sylva, Petr SADÍLEK and Valérie TÓTHOVÁ. Výzkum a ošetřovatelství. Vydání druhé, přepracova. Brno: Národní centrum ošetřovatelství a nelékařských zdravotnických oborů, 2008. 185 stran. ISBN 9788070134672. info
- SILVERMAN, David. Ako robiť kvalitatívny výskum : praktická príručka. Translated by Martin Štulrajter. Bratislava: Ikar, 2005. 327 s. ISBN 8055109044. info
- DISMAN, Miroslav. Jak se vyrábí sociologická znalost : příručka pro uživatele. 3. vyd. Praha: Karolinum, 2000. 374 s. ISBN 9788024601397. info
- Teaching methods
- class discussion, readings, writting preparations, prezentation
- Assessment methods
- Evaluation: credit research proposal
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course is taught annually.
The course is taught: every week.
Information on the extent and intensity of the course: 10.